Esteemed Contributor

Re: My First Return Issue - Never say Never

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

did you also get a receipt from usps when you dropped it off?

They would not give me a receipt.  This has happened to me a number of times using USPS.  They claim they cannot give a receipt for dropping off returns to QVC using the QVC return label. 

OH that is utter nonsense.  I dropped a return off yesterday at my PO.  ASked for and received a receipt.  I would demand to,speak to a higher authority if they tell you that again.

Honored Contributor

It depends on who's working at the post office whether a return gets scanned or not.  Interesting enough it also depends on if you buy stamps or not.  I have a better chance of getting a receipt if I buy stamps.  Maybe it's coincidental.  

Super Contributor

Although it may seem like utter nonsense it is true that some USPS offices will not provide receipts for packages with the prepaid postage labels - even if you escalate it up to a supervisor.  If you Google USPS+acceptance scan you can see this is a common concern.

My post office will not provide receipts.  They have one central location where they require you to place these packages, even if you wait in line.

I also take a picture of my label and typically receive an email from QVC the next day stating that my return is on its way to them.  

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet  I was told by USPS personnel that there is a directive instructing them not to give receipts on postage paid labels. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

They would not give me a receipt.  This has happened to me a number of times using USPS.  They claim they cannot give a receipt for dropping off returns to QVC using the QVC return label. 

@Lipstickdiva If I send something back via USPS, I walk it into their office, give it directly to a clerk, they scan it in and give me a receipt. The first time I did this the clerk smiled, and said that was the way to do it. Many just drop into the box, then there is no receipt to verify item was shipped back.

That is what I did.  I walked in with the large box.  But they wouldn't give me a receipt.

Next time, you better believe I won't leave without a receipt.

The Mod did assist me and I'm very grateful but I'm irritated with the post office about this.    

Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

OH that is utter nonsense.  I dropped a return off yesterday at my PO.  ASked for and received a receipt.  I would demand to,speak to a higher authority if they tell you that again.

My post office will NOT give a receipt if a prepaid label is used. Doesn't matter who you talk you, how nice or crabby you are, or how loudly you complain. Neither will they immediately scan the package. I've tried reasoning with them, pointing out that someone could steal the package before it was scanned, leaving me out of luck with no proof I dropped it off. None of that matters. They WILL NOT give a drop-off receipt. I did find an independent facility (handles US mail, UPS, Fed Ex) who will do so. I don't understand why the post office can't / won't.

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I had a similar problem in that USPS would make me pay to scan it.  But I just returned something to that same P.O. in Dallas, and they scanned it and gave me a receipt.  No cost.

Honored Contributor

Wanted to let the mods know that oddly enough, I received an e-mail Monday that my return is on it's way back to QVC.

I find that very suspicious that after my call to the carrier about my missing return, I get an e-mail that it's on its way back.  My guess is, my return was sitting inside USPS and never left and my call prompted the movement of my return.   

Honored Contributor

USPS and UPS Store will not give a receipt for the QVC pre-paid label.

It is not sent by USPS.  It is sent by some third party who comes to pick up on some odd schedule, but it is not a set schedule.

I've had stuff sit for weeks and I've had stuff return in 2 days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN

Returned an item that was received back by qvc 1/3/2017

since the item was only part of a set they have done nothing 

it is now 4/2/2017

the sets were packaged in seperate boxes and given out as seperate christmas gifts

only 1 of 4 items failed to work so that was returned

qvc said i need to get back the other gifts and send them back

simple solution would be to divide total cost by 4 and refund for 1 item but qvc says they need all 4 items back

these items were marketed as seperate gifts by the tv hosts

sorry for the long rant but i suggest never buying anything sold as a set again

almost time to buy next years gifts 

not from qvc

they have made a simple problem very complicate