Honored Contributor

Re: Moderators............it's going from bad to worse on my computer.

@qualitygal wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I have a new computer, so I'm pretty sure it's still a problem on your end. Thanks.

I had to come back to finish off what's going on. Sometimes only 1/2 a page will show and a couple of times, nothing would come up. That's the latest.

@qualitygal

What has this got to do with Fashion?     

If you want to communicate regarding a website problem, I'm guessing Suggestion Box or Customer Care would be the place to do that.    Or contact Customer Service.   JMO

I must have hit a wrong button to post on that one!!! 

@qualitygal

Whoops, sorry .....  I've been sick in bed for four days  and a tad brain dead .....  my mistake.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

WHen I saw the post it was in Fashion so somehow it got moved to another forum.  DOn't know how.

@KathyPet

Thank you!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tinkrbl44 wrote:

KathyPet wrote:

WHen I saw the post it was in Fashion so somehow it got moved to another forum.  DOn't know how.

@KathyPet

Thank you!   

Yes, the thread originally was in "Fashion."   I see the moderator's "moved" notification on the second page of threads in that sub-forum (newer posts subsequently moved it off the first page).    When @Tinkrbl44 asked about it, at the time she was inquiring about it the thread was not here in "Customer Care."   So, her question was logical at the time.

How they're moved...  I think usually either a moderator sees a thread might be better related to another category, or the OP of a thread can request that a thread be moved, or another poster can report the thread and ask if it could be moved.

On the topic, I agree the problem @qualitygal is reporting is related to her device.   Most likely it's a browser issue.    It's a good idea to keep at least 2 browsers up-to-date and when a problem shows up it's easy to try the site on both browsers for comparison and troubleshooting.   Even so, this website has a lot of technical problems and they seem to be growing worse instead of better.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal. You are right....these problems can't be on so many different computers. If others read through the forums, they will see NUMEROUS postings about the web site problems. QVC's FAQs on technical problems basically states 1. it's a browser issue  or 2. it is your internet provider. 

I don't believe it is either (or if it is, it is limited to a very small # of people). It's a QVC technical problem. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Day1128 wrote:

@qualitygal. You are right....these problems can't be on so many different computers. If others read through the forums, they will see NUMEROUS postings about the web site problems. QVC's FAQs on technical problems basically states 1. it's a browser issue  or 2. it is your internet provider. 

I don't believe it is either (or if it is, it is limited to a very small # of people). It's a QVC technical problem. 

@Day1128,  There are 2 different technical issues here.   The one all of us are seeing -- the login redirect to our shopping history, etc. -- is a site-wide problem, and it's not related to our individual device/browser/provider.

The problem @qualitygal described ("sometimes only 1/2 a page will show and a couple of times, nothing would come up") is related to her device or browser, and I hope by now she's been able to clear it up.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

@KathyPet

Thank you!   

Yes, the thread originally was in "Fashion."   I see the moderator's "moved" notification on the second page of threads in that sub-forum (newer posts subsequently moved it off the first page).    When @Tinkrbl44 asked about it, at the time she was inquiring about it the thread was not here in "Customer Care."   So, her question was logical at the time.

How they're moved...  I think usually either a moderator sees a thread might be better related to another category, or the OP of a thread can request that a thread be moved, or another poster can report the thread and ask if it could be moved.

On the topic, I agree the problem @qualitygal is reporting is related to her device.   Most likely it's a browser issue.    It's a good idea to keep at least 2 browsers up-to-date and when a problem shows up it's easy to try the site on both browsers for comparison and troubleshooting.   Even so, this website has a lot of technical problems and they seem to be growing worse instead of better.

@dooBdoo    @qualitygal   @Pearlee   @KathyPet

Thanks for checking .....   I KNEW it was in Fashion when I wrote that question, because I remember checking it.    

I appreciate your explanation!   Woman LOL