Valued Contributor

MODS - WEBSITE NOTIFICATIONS

Mods it would be very helpful to your customers if Q would publish when your website is experiencing problems. I am a Google chromebook user and it took me 2 days to find a person at Q that knew Q was having google chromebook connection problems. Meanwhile I spent a lot of time investigating settings on my chromebook to see if the problem was unique to me.

A reply would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: MODS - WEBSITE NOTIFICATIONS

[ Edited ]

@shoptheQ I whole heartedly agree and have said many times that when there are website glitches of any kind that impact functionality on either the retail or community aspects to the site for any cadre of users it would be more than useful for them to COMMUNICATE that fact to customers and other users.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

While this sounds good, it is not very practical.

In mny cases, QVC may be unaware of the issue.  Once they become aware (when reported), it takes time to investigate and replicate the issue.  Many times, the issue may be with something outside of QVC's control and may be affecting only a small segment of its users.

Better than expect QVC to provide a list of issues which they may not know, it is better for users to report issues and include helpful issues such as web browser, device time, etc.  Having people post on the forums "the site won't work" is silly, useless, and frustrating for QVC.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@shoptheQ I whole heartedly agree and have said many times that when there are website glitches of any kind that impact functionality on either the retail or community aspects to the site for any cadre of users it would be more than useful for them to COMMUNICATE that fact to customers and other users.

They DO communicate that they are aware of MAJOR issues affecting many/most users, and several posters are good about re-posting these communications.

I don't believe the moderators are capable of creating a page banner regarding temporary (even if it's a week, as it once was, that's not worth the bother to IT) issues.

The biggest complicating issue with glitches is that people post them everywhere - CC, QTalk, Suggestion Box and Customer Care. Some post them in more than one forum. Some post with a thread title that no one would know is about a website issue. The same issue is posted about 5-6 different times in four different forums. It's impossible for moderators to follow up in each and every thread and forum.

Many issues affect only one or a small group of users, and can't be replicated by IT, so they aren't ever going to be "fixed" by IT because IT sees no problem.

They even respond on the forum to individual posts. I posted a clearly labeled issue I was having in Customer Care and Wayne-QVC was right on it, asking me questions and keeping me informed. He did his part, I did mine. IT sees no problem, though I still do. It isn't going to be fixed. But I'm only one person, no one else reported it, so no biggie. They put forth the effort and let me know; that's cool, I'm fine. When there is a huge forum-wide issue, they still do their best to keep us informed.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Mods it would be very helpful to your customers if Q would publish when your website is experiencing problems. I am a Google chromebook user and it took me 2 days to find a person at Q that knew Q was having google chromebook connection problems. Meanwhile I spent a lot of time investigating settings on my chromebook to see if the problem was unique to me.

A reply would be appreciated.

Hi @shoptheQ

Thank you for your suggestion. We try our best to communicate with the Community when we are aware of a problem that is impacting all customers. When there are isolated problems we do our best to respond publically to the specific individuals who are impacted. We hope anyone else having the same specific problem will see see our comments on the topic. I will, however, share your suggestion with our techincal team for future consideration. 

Thanks again for posting your suggestion, we really appreciate customers who seek to help make the QVC experience the best it can be.

I hope you have a good rest of the week.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Keyai-QVC for your response. Also to Moonchilde your suggestions are well taken.