Honored Contributor

Isn't it possible to intercept a delivery in process..

and have it sent back to the point of origin?  I'm sure I've done this in the past.

I ask, because a few weeks ago, I received a damaged George Foreman grill and posted about it here.  A mod got involved and arranged for a new one to be sent to me.   That one is perfect....I'm happy with it!

In the meantime, I sent back the damaged one and noted on the return paperwork that a new one had been sent out.  A few days ago, I got an email that I was being sent another one!  I called CS and they said they couldn't stop the process. it will be up to me to take care of the return once I get the one that shouldn't have been sent out.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Isn't it possible to intercept a delivery in process..

Just refuse the package when it arrives and they will return to sender.

Respected Contributor

I don't know for sure but I feel like it is possible. A couple years ago I remember that happened to some Lamo TSV boots. The Q had some sort of issue with them and several that shipped ended up being intercepted and sent back to the Q. 

Honored Contributor

DO NOT OPEN THE NEW PACKAGE -VERY IMPORTANT.  Mark the package "Refused, return to sender" and they'll take it back and you won't be charged any shipping.  Give it back to the company that delivered it like UPS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Which option did you check off on the form for how you wanted the return resolved?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I don't know for sure but I feel like it is possible. A couple years ago I remember that happened to some Lamo TSV boots. The Q had some sort of issue with them and several that shipped ended up being intercepted and sent back to the Q. 

Yes, I remember that, as well as hearing of a few other instances where it was done.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

Which option did you check off on the form for how you wanted the return resolved?

I put a note that the issue had been resolved and a new one was already being sent to me.  I don't think they read the returns info carefully.

Honored Contributor

What I'm thinking is going to happen, is that the package will arrive when I'm out of town.  I try to never have that happen even though I'll have someone here taking care of some things for me.  

And then I'll have so many things to do upon my return...just don't need to have this on the list as well.

Honored Contributor

If the item is being sent UPS or Fedex, go to that shipper's websit and track your package.  There are options there for rerouting the package.  I'm not sure exactly what you can and can't do but I know we recently had a package coming to our home that required a signature.  We weren't going to be home so we went to the UPS website and were able to have them hold the package at the facility so we could go pick it up.  We also did the same with a FedEx shipment in the past.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Thanks for letting me know about that.  I did go to the UPS website and attempted to alter this delivery but wasn't able to do so.  I think it was because the item hasn't actually shipped out yet.  In that case, I don't understand why QVC can't stop it from leaving the warehouse?