Honored Contributor

Re: Is this new w/UPS or QVC???

@Stevie Nix

That is not the case where I live.  I already checked w/management.

Actually, there is a package storage room next to management office.  It's rarely used since UPS & USPS knows every one in the building.  If the packages are huge and/or heavy UPS & USPS will wheel them right into your unit.  If they leave it outside your door, management leaves a carrier outside your door w/the package on it so all you have to do is wheel it right into your unit.

I think the only time packages are left in the package room is if the person will be away from home 24+ hours.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac  You didn't by chance order any of the wine they recently sold, did you?  The said at the time, an adult would have to be present to sign for the delivery.  That's the only thing I've heard of that requires an adult signature.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

NOPE! 

Maybe QVC threw that in w/my capries as a "thank you for your order" bonus.  I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am personally disgusted  with UPS new delivery service in my area.  Had recently ordered a small scatter rug from QVC; wasn't able to get to the door in time so the driver left a notice that I would have to go to a certain point to pick it up myself....no second or third deliveries would be attempted..  I did not get to the pickup point within a week and so was charged both ways for transportation.  As usual, QVC was quite gracious and understanding and did credit my account for the entire amount.

This service point destination is way out of my area and it is inconvenient for me to drive there. This is defeating the purpose I buy on line, not to have to drive around to shop.

My son works for UPS and says this is fast becoming a practice for them to use customer pick up for many things but he agrees it doesn't make much sense. .  Understand it hasn't happened all over the country, thank goodness, hope not many of you will be affected.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in a secure highrise getting packages for years.  All of a sudden,  UPS decides too much trouble to deliver the packages,so they go to the ofc.  Do not even leave a slip.  We have to check every day if expecting a package.  QVC should stop using them.

Trusted Contributor

I have never signed for anything, except a laptop I ordered from another store once.

Honored Contributor

i wonder if ups/qvc has been having problems with stolen packages or undelivered packages in your community? perhaps that is why they are asking for signatures.

the only items i have needed a signature for recently is for the TSV wines.....they want to make sure someone 21+ signs for the packages.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My 93 year old dad lives in a 7 story building and when I send something I specify must be left at the door, this happens abut 60% of the time, the rest its left at the mail box with all the other UPS packages

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Frequent Contributor

I would ask the REGULAR driver how many driver follow up's he/she get for your bldg. If its a lot (which i doubt)  ups mgmt. can mark your address in their board sig. req. QVC puts the sig. req. on the label not ups. I'd call them anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

When I closed my husband's business I filled out a change of address and gave it to my local post office.  The Postal clerk said she would send it to be processed.  The Post Office I turned it in at was the post office that delivered his mail so I asked why it needed to be sent for processing when that Post Office was his PO.  She said all change of addresses were processed at the regional post office.  2 weeks went by and I received no forwarded mail so I went back to the Post Office to check.  The address change was incorrectly entered into the system.  My home street address was entered correctly but they entered the city where my husband had his business not the town where we lived.  Of course there was no such street in the town he had his business so goodness knows what happened to  that two weeks of mail.  So, it only takes a data entry error by some clerk.  It is possible that a address change was correctly completed by this person and some data entry person entered the change incorrectly.