Trusted Contributor

Intolerably anxiety provoking.

Please, QVC directors, listen to your productions.  The piercing, squealing voices, the frantic rushed pace, the ear piercing volume make it impossible to tolerate the presentations even if you are interested in the products being showcased.

Innumerable complaints have been registered in these forums, with customer service and via email.  No one is listening.  

Should you doubt the validity of the consumers complaints, just replay Feb 19, 2017, 9:30- 9;45 airing.

Please, QVC has been an integral part of my (our) life since QVC took over from CVN.  It is no longer possible to endure the loud, warp speed presentations and the belligerent, narcissistic, unduly favored hosts.  It feels as though a dear friend has passed on. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Intolerably anxiety provoking.

They need to stop it, it is underhanded and unpleasant. The more I feel that feeling, the less I want to buy.

Frequent Contributor

It was pleasant watching the substitute presenter for the line. Then the designer rushes in and I too became anxious with the unnecessary hysteria.  Changed the channel.  I too wonder why QVC doesn't slow the non stop chatter and over-talking down.

Esteemed Contributor

We all have very different opinions. I, for one, like to watch shows that are faster paced and more energetic. I don't mind it when there's talking over each other; that's how people talk in real life--especially women.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the substitute girl was ok....and when Susan came on it got to the usual talking...but the one thing she does talk about is her fashions so it doesn't bother me.....but it was the host who was constantly interrupting to tell personal stories about herself and her family that was just taking up most of the presentations...and less about the products....

Respected Contributor

@blankette wrote:

They need to stop it, it is underhanded and unpleasant. The more I feel that feeling, the less I want to buy.

It must be working or they wouldn't do it.  You should go on the QVC tour.  There is a producer above them and a tally board for how much the host is selling. The producer is constantly speaking to them in their earpiece.  Remember when we started watching QVC there wasn't a lot of competition or as many cable stations.  I think they are trying to capture the audience that channel surfs.  

Respected Contributor

This is why I no longer watch - between this and the hosts being so annoying and not doing their job - they think they are out there to entertain us - NOT - they are out there to quietly do their job, not jump around, make stupid jokes, try to be cute.....Oh, and then there is the shipping costs and return costs and high prices.....I should stop here or this will look like a rant of some sort.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the SG show until Susan showed up.  (CLICK)   Was enjoying the new gal - until the screaming - spinning - silliness took over.  (headache)

Frequent Contributor

I agree with the complaints of OP but to me the most disturbing (and remote grabber) thing is the LONG presentations of one item whether it be the TSV, OTO, Top Find or some other item they apparently have an overabundance of in the warehouse!  I realize on any given day, the TSV gets most air time which I would estimate to be 7-8 hours at least and then 1/2 hour appearances on shows like perhaps Mary Beth's Favorite, Carolyn's Closet, etc. Even on the Top Finds, which aren't quite as lengthy, the repetitiveness is just mind boggling!  A few times I've actually observed where the host stutters around a bit for something different to say but ends up repeating the same ole line several times. It's apparent she/he wishes the time would run out!  I've been a QVC shopper for 10 years and I don't recall this being the norm back then but perhaps I was too "in awe" of everything new to me that I did not notice. This practice must be working for them or they would not continue down this path!  It does NOT work for me. When I finally have a little time to actually watch and these presentations occur, the end result for me is learning what other shopping channels offer and I give them a try. For the life of me, I can't figure out why a company that has 100's of 1000's of products why they don't use valuable air time to present more of them!

Regular Contributor

So agree with you! I have been a QVC customer since 1993, living in an unfamiliar part of the country, so it was nice to watch something that was being broadcast from the Northeast. The original morning show had Pat and Dan chatting and presenting merchandise including jewelry at a nice brisk pace, and if you wanted something you had better get on the phone fast(no texting back then). TSV's never re-appeared in just a month or so and the presentations were never one hour long - Jose Maran is a lovely woman but who can watch someone put oil products on their skin for one hour - I would rather have Philosophy shows, if it is something I want, buy or switch channels. I used to be able to sit and watch or at least listen to a whole show if I chose to do so.  Now it's check out what is on, and go somewhere else and check out online later.......... Oh well. Do miss those days and the lovely clothing and jewelry lines. Someone mentioned on one blog that they did not like Pat James DeMentri - you perhaps should have seen her presenting the 18K gold shows back in the day. Lovely woman, great jewelry when you could still afford it..........