Trusted Contributor

Re: I TAKE BACK MY PRAISE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

[ Edited ]

@Venezia

"...when you make any change to an existing order, it goes back through the system..."

Yeah,  I was pretty sure that was the deal when I read OPs " rant".

And,  even though I wouldn't, personally, threaten to expose QVC to Social Media (unless, perhaps, I'd been given the runaround by CS and/or this had happened too many times), I wonder if this had been explained to OP.... that she ran the chance of being back-ordered.

Also, Back-order isn't the same as Wait-list or what happened to me, so, I'm pretty sure she'll get her items. 

“ Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity .” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde

No harm; no foul.  Truce.. Cat Happy

“ Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity .” ― Martin Luther King Jr.

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Esteemed Contributor

A Company's Customer Service is not just a department called by that name.

Service to the customer is Customer Service and some do well, while others fail miserably.  

Anyone fly lately? 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia I have always been calm and cool but persistent when I see a problem, school teacher in me I guess.  I find they are helpful and if they cannot be I accept it until I hang up the phone LOL and then call back and talk to someone else (if I know I am right).  And I realize that they work there, they have to follow policy, not make it.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@MRSTH wrote:

If you read OPs original post, the items had been ordered (order placed) over 12 hours prior to the price-adjustment conversation with CS.  The call with CS was to adjust prices.

@ILTH - In the past I've had this happen to me, when I changed something on on order I'd placed.  I asked CS why it happened and I was told that, when you make any change to an existing order, it goes back through the system.  In other words, it's processed as if it's a new order, even though the order number doesn't change.  I accepted that.

Having the CS rep make the price adjustments triggered that.  The OP could've waited until the items shipped and then requested a refund of the difference (if the price drops within 30 days), but I understand asking for the price adjustment immediately.  (I'm surprised the prices dropped on 9 items at the same time though.)

However, it is still not the fault of the Customer Service Department and ranting about them and threatening to blast it over social media is wrong.  How about dealing with the situation as a mature adult?

BTW, the OP has very little good to say about QVC, claiming they can't be trusted to do anything they promise (re their credit card amongst other things), prices are better elsewhere, the CS reps are generally rude and more.  Never seems to miss an opportunity to criticize them.  So, again, why even shop with them?  Go elsewhere.

I totally agree w/ @Venezia

You can't make ANY changes such as size, color, price etc.   It does trigger the order going through the system again and puts you at risk of falling to the 'back of the line' so to speak.

It is a shame that maybe CS didn't point this out to the OP and suggest she call after it ships.  CS can notate the system that a price change is due.

Recently, when I was due a price adjustment on 3 robes I ordered, they canceled all my previous ones and placed a totally new order.  I was lucky though and rec'd them.

OP- try not to let this upset you so much, though!  I agree with the other poster who said it is only clothes!

Don't stress over things you can not change!

If you get them, great!  If you don't, oh well.  That is how I would look at it.

Starting a social media rampage will only fuel YOUR fire and hardly touch QVC.

They are in 95 million+ households and we have here, what...3000 people at best?