Valued Contributor

I would like to know why a lot of the holiday decor shows have been done away with?

I see that Jill's Friday decor shows have now turned into "gift" shows.

Holidays with Carolyn had no holiday decor tonight.

Hopefully, Valerie Parr Hill won't disappear too.

Would love to have an honest answer.

Honored Contributor

There's another thread on this where I listed a possible reason.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thanks Kachina624.  I did read your possible reason. It did make sense.

I was hoping I might actually get an answer from QVC but I don't guess that will happen. 

I think it's a shame they just can't be open and honest about what's happening.

Honored Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thanks Kachina624.  I did read your possible reason. It did make sense.

I was hoping I might actually get an answer from QVC but I don't guess that will happen. 

I think it's a shame they just can't be open and honest about what's happening.

@MathisFan  You're absolutely correct, people would be understanding if QVC just explained what's going on.  Instead, they appear to be completely disorganized, like never before.  I don't know why they act like it's a state secret.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Decor Shows?

[ Edited ]

When was QVC ever open and forthcoming with explanations?

The great communicator they're not.

Maybe they'll bring back the slanket, yak-tracks, the road kill coat and the walletbe to fill all that air time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

@MathisFan

Thank you for your concern of the Holiday Decor shows.  As many vendors and manufacture change over the years programming has to change as well.  I am sure as we get more in to the Holiday season you will see more Holiday decor shows. This is my honest answer based on the information I have available.  

Thank you again.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Maybe they'll bring back the slanket, yak-tracks, the road kill coat and the walletbe to fill all that air time.

@stevieb  When Mike George issues the report for this quarter and it's a disaster, then he'll mention the shipping issue as an excuse.  Until then it's apparently hush hush.

Valued Contributor

Re: Holiday Decor Shows?

[ Edited ]

@Paulette-QVC wrote:

@MathisFan

Thank you for your concern of the Holiday Decor shows.  As many vendors and manufacture change over the years programming has to change as well.  I am sure as we get more in to the Holiday season you will see more Holiday decor shows. This is my honest answer based on the information I have available.  

Thank you again.

Thanks for your reply but it doesn't make any sense.  

Why would Jill tell us she had 7 upcoming weeks of decor shows if vendors and manufacturing were a problem?  I think that would've been something all Q hosts would've been aware of from the get go.

I also doubt we'll see any decor shows closer to the holidays.  QVC usually is done with decor based programming by the time Thanksgiving rolls around.  QVC has always said they want us to be able to have our decor items early so we can put them out or decorate around Thanksgiving and be able to enjoy them.

Sorry, don't mean to be argumentative.  Just frustrated and disappointed. QVC's holiday decor shows have always been favorites of mine to watch.

Again, thanks for your reply Paulette.  I do appreciate it. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  When Mike George issues the report for this quarter and it's a disaster, then he'll mention the shipping issue as an excuse.  Until then it's apparently hush hush.

Bet you're right @Kachina624. I tell ya, our Mikie is a regular l'il ole answer man, isn't he...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Every week since mid June, as Christmas in July approached, there have been multiple threads complaining about Christmas programming, who wants to think about Christmas decor in the heat of summer, etc. 

Perhaps the annual, perpetual complaint threads had an effect on the number of decor shows shown.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.