Esteemed Contributor

I can't figure out what's going on. Last week (with Jill) and last night with Shawn, the host specifically asked for anyone to call in who has blah, blah, blah. Using the testimonial line, I called in both times and my phone call was forwarded to the ozone and the hosts went on to other products without any testimonials. What?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Re: Customer Phone Testimonials

I think that happens a lot.  I think they just like to have a couple people ready in case they have time for a testimonial.  It's happened to me too, but I no longer bother with it.  I did get to speak a couple times, but it's kind of old hat now.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Last night on the Cottage Farms show a caller almost gave them a heart attack.  It started out good then she started talking about hydrangeas she bought from them last year.  They were not good when received and did not do well all summer.  She did not give up on them so in the fall she put them in a sunny window inside.  They came to life and are now okay.  She said she called Cottage Farms when her package arrived and reported the poor condition her plants were received in.  These plants do have a 1 year warranty.   It seemed now she is happy with her purchase.

I have not had good luck ordering plants on line from QVC.  The package arrives in good shape but not the plants.  One year 2 orders looked like they had been frozen.  They looked like mush same as those in my yard after a heavy frost.  Another year I tried again and the plants had been eaten by bugs.  The leaves and stems were chewed off.  I burned that package quick so not to infest my good plants.

I trust that nurseries ship healthy plants but during weeks/days in shipping anything can happen.  Nature is unpredictable and weather changes hourly.  I am watching the shows but having plants shipped to me in March will not work.  We still get occasional snow in April.  Years ago we had a major snow storm on Mother's Day.   I will prep the soil asap and get ready for planting.  Maybe spring will come early this year.   Who knows I might see something I just have to try and can't get locally.   The plant shows are always relaxing and enjoyable.  I am never to old to learn new things.

Trusted Contributor

I cringe sometimes when they let a caller speak.  I've watched both QVC and HSN for over 27 years, so I have heard a lot come out on those calls.  I won't go into the caller with Coleen Lopez from a few years back, because I have posted it on here before, but it took Colleen 10 minutes to get her composure back after that call  !!

Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I can't figure out what's going on. Last week (with Jill) and last night with Shawn, the host specifically asked for anyone to call in who has blah, blah, blah. Using the testimonial line, I called in both times and my phone call was forwarded to the ozone and the hosts went on to other products without any testimonials. What?

The hosts have no control over the testimonial calls.