Frequent Contributor

Credit for a received return

Does it normally take 6 days for a credit to be processed once an item is returned? Tracking shows item received for return but creidt has yet to be issued. It never takes this long, in my experience it is credited the same day. This was for a drone that was a TSV....which was a complete disappointment but I guess that is another post Smiley Happy 

I called CS and she just kept telling me it takes this long to precess. Not in my experience but I guess I just have to wait. I guess my fear is that it will just somehoe diappear and not get credited.

So, Mod, is this true?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Credit for a received return

[ Edited ]

@suburbanone

Last month although I ws told about 3 times I was refunded,it had yet to appear on my account and now  it is way  over a month ,for a pkg I never received.

.I gave up inquiring about it after CS  told me to take it up with Sync.Bank....no thank you.i'd rather loose my  refund than hassel with the dreaded SB over $30 

I did receive the item after Jan 1 so I returned it and was notified my refund was $0...lol

I still cannot see it on my acct here on Q's site. I will have to wait untill SY Bank sends me my bill which is paid already.

About that drone, I bought it for my GS . cannot return it for reasons beyond my control..... but I sure  would have liked to..........lol

Regular Contributor

Or you could return an item. An UNOPENED item...total $79 on clearance. So with tax, s&h= $93. Ok, break it into 4 payments of $24. End up returning it. Used prepaid lable. So I am expecting a modest refund of $16-17. Check bank account....$4.88 refund...yep..thats it. They kept $18 for an item I never used. Contactd CS. 2 weeks later..NOTHING! Good luck!

Respected Contributor

30-60 days for a refund to appear.

On line shopping is not the place to shop if you are banking on getting your money back promptly.   Using the prepaid label can take 10-14 days, handling of returns 10-14 days, posting on a credit card statement 30-60 days.

Super Contributor

QVC is always bragging about their customer service. I don't know why. Every once in a while I talk to someone who is helpful. I have almost all but decided that I will not be shopping here anymore, mostly based on the cost of returning an item. I ordered a pair of sneakers, received them and tried them on and found out that they were not true to size as QVC kept stating on air. Sent themback and noticed after I got my refund that it cost me $12.00 to literally try on a pair of shoes. There are so many places that offer free shipping and free returns I guess I'll just have to stick with them. I've been shopping here for 21 years so it will take some getting used to not checking the TSV every day.

Trusted Contributor

I also had similar problems getting credits.  I don't buy as much now because the quality and sizing dependability are not what they used to be.   I now pay return shipping myself and I request that my refund be held as a credit to be used on a future purchase.   I know I will be purchasing at least 1 item a month and my credit will be automatically used on that purchase.  This way all happens faster and the only company I have to monitor is QVC.  They can not tell me the problem is with someone else.  I also do the same with other on line companies and credits due to me.

Respected Contributor

Also keep in mind that because of the holiday return policy being good until 1/31/17, they get deluged with stuff all this month (much of it has been used for the entire 3 months, but that's another issue).

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

There was a notice at the top of "My Acount/ My orders" page that shipping/returns/etc. were delayed due to winter storms.  This notice was there yesterday.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to stay away from ordering any Christmas gifts due to the s/h costs...but, no my son told me he wanted this hand-held air compressor & it was perfect for his needs...

total:$55.49 (ez pay)

Fast forward: could barely inflate 1 kids swim tube not 4 huge tires on a 4x4 truck as vendor stated - would be good for inflating flat tires!

He returned it -- my refund amount $9.83  anyway cost me $13.79 wasted $$$ for something just to see it didn't work as vendor said.

I received the "credit" in a timely manner but I only order from Q if I'm absolutely sure too costly for me not to like it!🙄

Frequent Contributor

Well, in their defense they are not charging me for shipping either way becuase it was missing parts. Any time I have had an issue woth a defective purchase I have never been charged shipping.....but I have never experienced such a long wait for a return credit.