Esteemed Contributor

Anybody ever exchanged an item?

I need a smaller size in a D&C coat I received today. Right now, it looks like the size I need is in stock. Normally, I would place a new order and return the one I received today. I think there are probably financial reasons why exchanging makes sense, but returns take so long.... I am afraid my size/color will be gone by the time they get to my "exchange" return. Have any of you had success with making exchanges?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody ever exchanged an item?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  I chose to buy a new one while the return is on the pony express.  

Trusted Contributor

Twice that I can remember, & both times it worked well.  I had my replacements within 2 weeks.

Regular Contributor

I did an exchange a few weeks ago and was really worried it would sell out.  It seemed to take a very long time before it was "in process" and I could be sure of receiving the item.  I considered not doing an exchange and just ordering what I needed but I'm so tired of getting burned by S & H charges that I decided to take a chance. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I need a smaller size in a D&C coat I received today. Right now, it looks like the size I need is in stock. Normally, I would place a new order and return the one I received today. I think there are probably financial reasons why exchanging makes sense, but returns take so long.... I am afraid my size/color will be gone by the time they get to my "exchange" return. Have any of you had success with making exchanges?

I have returned items for an exchange and gotten them ....but i have also sent back items for exchange and the new size/item  are gone by the time the to be exchanged item is PROCESSED...................I know after a certain period the to be exchanged item has HAD to be received by QVC......but until it is in process the size i want to receive often gets sold out.....just happened to me recently....and i sent the item to be exchanged back the next day!  I have done the same...order the item i now

want and then send back the item that doesn't fit for a refund...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC board moderators - if you are reading this.......please forward this thread to Customer Service management -as this is a serious service issue that needs a solution. It seems as though your option to exchange an item is essentially a crapshoot. That is unfortunate. I suggest looking at how Lands End and LL Bean handle exchanges. With them, you can call and get it immediately done. This would be great for customers and fantastic for QVC because you would still be able to have a "successful" purchase in the end - all without alienating and annoying your loyal customers.

Honored Contributor

I've tried to exchange a few times but my experience with exchanges is that the best thing to do is to just return & immediately get on the phone or online and re-order the item.  I say this because by the time they get your return & read that you wish to exchange, the item you need/want is 'sorry that item has sold out'.

Just reorder what you want, you have a better chance of getting the item.

Trusted Contributor

I recently returned a pair of shoes for exchange to a different size.  i clearly marked the form as an exchange and indicated the size I wanted.  This was not a sell-out shoe; all sizes were available, and still are.  My exchange request was ignored, and Q gave me a refund instead.  I had also called customer service to let them know I was returning for size exchange, and rep said he would note that on my account.  Don't really care because I can always reorder, but I'm not because I feel my request was ignored.  Customer service needs to pay attention to the return form.  I also strongly dislike having to pay shipping again for an item I am exchanging for size.  No biggie--I'm just moving on to a different retailer for my shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

I've only exchanged a few clothing items for a different size. I called CS and said that I didn't want to risk not getting the size that I needed (they were all gifts) so Ishe recommended that I place a new order. At tha time, she gave me a credit for the difference in S&H.  I would place the call and place the new order.

Honored Contributor

If you really want the item, I would reorder.

Exchanges take so long (especially when using Q's return label) that your size /color will most likely be sold out before the exchange happens.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.