Valued Contributor

I placed an order, and when I checked the Order Status, it was listed as "Advanced Order".  Does anyone know how long it takes to get something back in stock?  I want to give it as a gift.

Honored Contributor

I just did an ADVANCE ORDER this week, but it had a ship date when I placed the order.  That has been true for all of my advance orders and so far the dates have been accurate.

A WAITLIST ORDER  does not have a ship date because we're not promised they can deliver.  At least that's how I understand it.

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for letting me know.  I feel much better now.  There is a ship date......so i won't have to worry.

Trusted Contributor

I placed an order for skinfix hand lotion. When I ordered it said "in stock." A few days later I checked to see if it had shipped. It said "advance order." Huh? So I searched the item # & it still showed "in stock" with advance order at the bottom. I think it showed a ship date of 3 weeks later. I waited a few days & cancelled the order. I'll just make a trip to CVS & buy it there. 

I don't think it should say "in stock" if it's not being shipped for a few weeks. 

Occasional Contributor

I just placed and order that says in stock.  It's on two easy pays and when I went to the shipping, the earliest said April 26!   I chatted with a customer service rep. about it and she said it was new.  I asked her if it was new then why all the good reviews??  As if it was so new thats why the shipping date was so late.   Her answer was they must have used it from another website.  Anyway I sure agree with all of you saying that if it says "IN STOCK" is should NOT be and "ADVANCED ORDER".

Occasional Contributor

I don't think it should say advance order when the product description clearly indicates "in stock." I've got a Valerie Parr Hill item on "advance order" with no date as to when it can be expected. Essentially, what they're telling me is that I'm really not going to receive it - they're just hoping that ten percent of the people who purchased it will cancel their orders and they can ship those to people who are waiting in line. I had this happen on the exact same item last year and it was wait-listed after being on advance order for three months, then it just disappeared from my Order history with no explanation, no apology, no gift card, or free shipping on another item for not following through. Right now, if I click on the item, it specifically says "in stock." If I check out, it says "advance order" but no expectation of shipment date is given. This is no way to run a business. I spend a lot of money here every year. QVC customers deserve better than this.

Contributor

Another one bites the dust.  I placed an order for Harry and Davids Moose Tracks and was waiting for shipping on 12/05 and looked and nothing.  So a few days ago I called Customer Service and it was on Advanced with not having any in stock.  This has happened so many times, Calzones are another example.  QVC takes my order and I did an advanced one too boot!  I am outraged, I canceled entire bogus order.  Sorry, venting and making other shopper aware that just because you order a product doesn't mean it will get to your home.  Happy Holidays QVC.