Honored Contributor

Re: your opinions on this situation

For the record, a 10 month old doesn't have "a meltdown."  A toddler can have a meltdown.  If your 10 month old is in a crying phase (also sounds weird to me) you don't take him to a restaurant.

Why is this so complicated?

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Q4u I completely agree with everything you said. 

I believe that by the time a child is school age they are the person they will be forever. You must train them when they are very young  or you will have a teenage monster on your hands.

Do you have children?

Now you've moved on to teenagers?

I just read a very interesting article in Time Magazine that said we never stop changing even long beyond childhood. It was published in a Science Magazine.

One example of how when we are 18 that tatoo may have been something that we loved back in the day but when we turned 30, we didn't know what we were thinking.... What about people who marry someone and divorce because their choice of spouse is very different than when they were 20.....all proving that we evolve in life and are not the same person we were at 5.

Amen to that!

Your grandson sounds like a doll. 

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Q4u I completely agree with everything you said. 

I believe that by the time a child is school age they are the person they will be forever. You must train them when they are very young  or you will have a teenage monster on your hands.

Do you have children?

Now you've moved on to teenagers?

I just read a very interesting article in Time Magazine that said we never stop changing even long beyond childhood. It was published in a Science Magazine.

One example of how when we are 18 that tatoo may have been something that we loved back in the day but when we turned 30, we didn't know what we were thinking.... What about people who marry someone and divorce because their choice of spouse is very different than when they were 20.....all proving that we evolve in life and are not the same person we were at 5.

Amen to that!

Your grandson sounds like a doll. 

Thanks, Melania. He's a bundle of energy and just started pre-school. Heart

Honored Contributor

What do I think of the person who allowed their child to ruin the meal for everyone else?

She is a rude, self-centered *itch who, I'm sure, is just a joy to be around. I pity her child because the world will come down hard on him or her at some point seeing as the mother (or parents) truly see their child as a Special Snowflake and the world should not only revolve around him/her but bow down to him/her.

I despise people with this mindset. I see it more and more and I don't tolerate it; I call them out. If they are embarrassed, oh well. The truth hurts, doesn't it. The disgusting fact is, they aren't embarrassed but become indignant as they REALLY BELIEVE that they are in the right.

God help us all.

Esteemed Contributor

Some things to consider -

Ask for a complete refund of your meal and drinks as it was not enjoyable to dine next to chaos.

I would love to see the other tables bothered by the 'noise' just scream their heads off at that table.  The management would get involved and would ask and have the mom and her party removed.  Also, they would think about implementing adult only areas away from families. 

Lazy moms and dads need to learn that their are baby sitters or that you stay home until your child is old enough and mannered enough not to behave in such ways. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I'm a little confused about your story.  Was this from a personal friend of yours or just something going around FB?  The reason I ask is because this was going around last year about this same time.  A woman from Idaho was eating with her child at a Texas Roadhouse and the child was screaming and fellow diners were mad and she received a nasty note about  her kid ruining their dinner.

I'm pretty sure this is a rehash of this one year old story.  Same scenario with this woman's child going through a "yelling" phase.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/06/diners-note-screaming-kid-ruined-our-meal/7...

@Lipstickdiva  We are treated to this story every year,  only the last time it was children not staying in their seats which caused a waitress to stumble which caused her tray to fly up in the air and land on the floor ( or on another customer).

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I avoid family restaurants, some parents think having a child excludes them from any and all social rules. 

What I find unacceptable is people who bring children into non-family restaurants. If only there were a law against children in any restaruant that serves alcohol. That would, of course, apply to bars as well. 

Trusted Contributor

If a restaurant is known to be a family restaurant it means that they accommodate you with highchairs and baby seats and a childrens menu!  Parents must be in charge of their childrens behavior and be considerate of those around them!  If your child is screaming and disturbing others it is time to take them out for a while and bring them back when they calm down!   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

when both my kids were baby stage  and dh and i were out to eat if either of the kids acted up. I removed them from the  eating establishment, either to a coat room, even a bathroom, and I have taken them to our car just to get them to calm down.

I am paying money for quiet time not to listen to a child having a tamtrum.

Respected Contributor

It was rude of the mother not to remove the child immediately--and probably a bad idea to take the child yo the restaurant in the first place. One can understand her frustration but her inability to see that she and the child were ruining other people's evenings out is inexcusable. What happened to manners and courtesy? The manager or owner of the restaurant should have politely guided the mother and child to a quiet back room if the woman did not have sense and manners enough to get up and go by herself.