Respected Contributor

Re: where are the old timers?

Sharke, people come and go over there.  I like to say this about the bitter ex members. There is truth, half truth and outright lies.  As with all boards, people decide for themselves if something is a good fit or not.  This place is no longer a good fit for me but i still have many friends here.  To each his own.  Thats all i am going to say so as not to derail a nice thread.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

you mean the DY site ?

yes....

I might check it out, but, I bet it will be more of the same. Moderation, would be better you would be able to breathe, but, first time I ventured an opinion on my soap or item in the news I'd get jumped on, then, piled on.

LOL

I like discussions, but, with people who can carry a conversation without personal attacks and getting all up in your face. I 'm to old for these right fighters. don't need that 'stuff'.

Agreed.

I tried that site for awhile, but G-d help you if you don't tow the popular line.

I finally got fed up with it and left.

IMHO, there are a bunch of bullies over there, that just love to jump on people at every chance that they can. They seem to thrive on that sort of stuff.

Bullies? I think how we experience a site has a lot to do with keeping our minds open to exchanges that may be out of our comfort zone. I have also found that people treat us the way that we treat them. It works both ways. Personally, I have had a good experience. Even when I disagree with someone, everyone has been kind explaining why they disagree. I like that....

Esteemed Contributor

One thing is for certain, the amount of vitriol towards O and HC  is obvious that they hated/strongly disliked anything that to do with them.

If one tried to be more moderate, see the other point-of-view, you got jumped on.

Yup.

Bullies.

There is enough negative in the world, I don't need to go searching for more over there.

Have fun there.

Esteemed Contributor

Where is Max's Grandma, sweet max!  ...I write 4U, or something like that.  Doc Mom, Snap Crackle Pop and who could ever forget Tiger Lily?  Now those are "blasts from the past"!  LOL!  😋 😝 😜 😛

Honored Contributor

I imagine I'll just go my own way and be content to talk to hubbo, sisters, some offline friends and real life friends who are of my thinking. My blood pressure will thank me and hubbo told me "people are the same every where you go your not gonna find the ideal spot don't exist".

I like the TV boards I won't comment in, but, I like to read about shows that may interest me . Information only.

thanks for all your input. Thought I would tell the OP why people are leaving.

Respected Contributor

I've been here since the early 2000's...used to be Tabbychic.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Jannabelle wrote:

@@DooBdoo....thanks! .I do too...do you know if Brii is still around?

I believe she's here but under a different nic.  I'll let her fess up if she wants toSmiley Happy

I miss Brii.  Come out, come out wherever you are, please!

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@september @Jannabelle

@september wrote:

Jannabelle, I'll try to answer whatever questions I can.  

I haven't seen purplebunny or thunderkitty in a while. Happy Housewife has a bunch of numbers as her nic...starting with 15_______.  RRR (the rainbows nic) is Downtonabbey.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe thunderkitty is @QueenDanceALot 

Yes, that would be me!  Thanks, Sox.

Thanks for asking, Jannabelle!

I don't know how many years I've been around this board, but it's been more than a few.  I go away from time to time, sometimes to other boards.  Then I circle back around.  Last time here, when the moderation got a little heavy handed (IMO) I left for awhile. 

I go where the kitty paws take me.  I don't always know where that will be.

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Jannabelle wrote:

@Mothertrucker.....thanks tamn8r.....that's what I will always knowis you as,lol..

..I think about crow too.....she changed names one time, I think....and victoriagirl....remember her?

yes, I do wonder about victoriagirl...anyone know anything?

Honored Contributor

can't forget....

photodonna

alexinflorida

claudia anne

minkbunny

purplebunny

snugglebunny

jane marple

happyhousewife 

golfbabe