Respected Contributor

Re: where are the old timers?

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

@Jannabelle wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Jannabelle wrote:

Anyone remember jules?.....her  dad passed away, and shortly after a puppy found her and she decided to keep him?

@Jannabelle, She changed her nick to @JustJules.  I don't see any posts by her since last October.  I hope she's doing well. 

@@DooBdoo....thanks! .I do too...do you know if Brii is still around?

I believe she's here but under a different nic.  I'll let her fess up if she wants toSmiley Happy

@Jannabelle

@Jannabelle, well, hello there.  Smiley Happy

The toast thread was a classic. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I'm in the process of finding new digs, so, it doesn't much matter. I need to be around people with similar interests anyway. People my own age would be a better fit. I've been fed up for a long time these boards don't hold much interest for me any more. 

I met a good friend in here who has already hit the door guess she's got more sense then I do.

The board that was opened last year (if I post a link the mods will take it down) has been a board where you have a lot of comradarie. I think you would enjoy it...

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

If I had to guess I'd say the old timers got fed up with the way people are today, smart alecks, people making fun of others who dare to have morals and won't sink to their level. People, who are so busy being politically correct they don't take the time to understand what some one posts. just can't wait to jump in and try to destroy that persons opinion.

Then, if you try to defend yourself mods will poof your post, but, let the haters posts remain. You can't bring up stuff in the news because it will be either inappropriate or controversial or even political. Threads are started in wrong forums. they get turned in, nothing happens. These people spread like poison ivy to all the forums just to blow off and to be seen in all the forums.

Yep, this old timer can pretty well guess why people are leaving.

I remember the old boards and they weren't a bed of roses. The trolls merrily frolicked the forums with multiple nics. Posters were  caught red-handed creating conversations between the fake names they created. Outrageous personal attacks caused posters like zacca to leave. One poster passed away and there were threads mocking and attacking her. Many things written (and done) back in the day were absolutely heinous. What is posted today does not compare. Yes, back then we could post more politically focused content but eventually everything got removed. This was many years ago. 

I think quite a few old timers are here but prefer to post quitely under new names.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

you mean the DY site ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

you mean the DY site ?

yes....

Respected Contributor

Hey jannabelle!  Been wondering what happened to you!  Great seeing you. I dont come around here much anymore either but saw your thread when i came by to send regards to hckynut .  Life is good.  I am babysitting my granddogs this week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Long time no see, hi @scotttie!

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Hi monkey!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

you mean the DY site ?

yes....

I might check it out, but, I bet it will be more of the same. Moderation, would be better you would be able to breathe, but, first time I ventured an opinion on my soap or item in the news I'd get jumped on, then, piled on.

LOL

I like discussions, but, with people who can carry a conversation without personal attacks and getting all up in your face. I 'm to old for these right fighters. don't need that 'stuff'.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

you mean the DY site ?

yes....

I might check it out, but, I bet it will be more of the same. Moderation, would be better you would be able to breathe, but, first time I ventured an opinion on my soap or item in the news I'd get jumped on, then, piled on.

LOL

I like discussions, but, with people who can carry a conversation without personal attacks and getting all up in your face. I 'm to old for these right fighters. don't need that 'stuff'.

Agreed.

I tried that site for awhile, but G-d help you if you don't tow the popular line.

I finally got fed up with it and left.

IMHO, there are a bunch of bullies over there, that just love to jump on people at every chance that they can. They seem to thrive on that sort of stuff.