Honored Contributor

Re: what are the demographics of average Q shopper & posters

On 2/13/2014 blackbirdraven said:

this is from Mike George the CEO of the Q.................................raven

I'm hesitant to put a label on her, because she's very diverse. Our customer is a 35- to 65-year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000.

that sounds fairly accurate to me or at least what i think of the average qvc shopper. posters though are a different story and many of them claim they dont even shop with qvc anymore.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

On 2/14/2014 sunshine45 said:

I'm hesitant to put a label on her, because she's very diverse. Our customer is a 35- to 65-year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000.

that sounds fairly accurate to me or at least what i think of the average qvc shopper. posters though are a different story and many of them claim they dont even shop with qvc anymore.

You're on to something there. Maybe a big difference between shoppers & who posts here on the boards.

Super Contributor

I hardly shop with QVC anymore because of the quality of their merchandise, finding a lot of their vendors have their own websites, s/h charges, and finding bargains elsewhere.

Valued Contributor

I agree---but for me local shop owners are where I prefer to go
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/14/2014 mgm2 said:

I hardly shop with QVC anymore because of the quality of their merchandise, finding a lot of their vendors have their own websites, s/h charges, and finding bargains elsewhere.

The s&h is no "value," that's for sure. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

I guess I fit into QVC's demographics...but frankly nothing they offer (lately) appeals to me. Clothing....nope...jewelry...nope...shoes...forget it.

Besides, I have enough "stuff". LOL

Respected Contributor

The jewelry is mostly paste now and the shoes are hideous. Some of the clothing is 1970's polyester revival wear. Pretty ghastly.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's more Mayberry than Pleasantville.

Head over to some of the ""you need a man"" threads and ""how to clean the toilet bowl properly"".

As one of the Beauties said recently: ""I think I'm posting in a 1950's Good Housekeeping Magazine"".

Respected Contributor

The article is from 2011, almost 3 years. Could be many changes since then.

Respected Contributor

On 2/14/2014 hennypenny said:

The jewelry is mostly paste now and the shoes are hideous. Some of the clothing is 1970's polyester revival wear. Pretty ghastly.

Paste?

This made me lol!