Honored Contributor

Re: update on missing people in landslide in Washington state....

On 3/24/2014 Predsfan said:

There are 108 names on the list of people who've been reported missing or unaccounted for in the weekend mudslide in Washington state, authorities said Monday.

Snohomish County emergency management director John Pennington said that's the consolidated list from various sources that authorities are working from, and it doesn't mean there are that many injuries or fatalities.

"It's a soft 108," Pennington said at a news conference

Among the missing are construction workers coming into the neighborhood and people just driving by. Pennington added the slide occurred on a Saturday morning, when more people were likely to be home.

He said authorities are still holding out hoped but noted, "We have not found anyone alive on this pile since Saturday."

Preds, I just watched a news update and it's still the same as you reported.

Absolutely horrific. My prayers go out to them all.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

Just horrible! My heart breaks for all those who are affected by the tragedy.

Honored Contributor

Very sad. I am still holding out hope for others missing and praying more to be found.

Esteemed Contributor

Terrible

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I'm in the Bellevue/Redmond area and keep watching the updates on 4 and 5 and listening to the news conference on KIRO. Just heartbreaking.

Respected Contributor

I can't find the source, but I read that a chocolate lab was recovered alive, yesterday. That is hope if the rescuers could just get in there to look. It saddens me very much.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

My news at noon said 176 not accounted for. They did rescue a dog yesterday...yay.

Respected Contributor

Pink Sugar

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

PinkSugar,

I saw on the local news (King 5) the rescue of the doggy, that was so heartwarming.

Super Contributor

I finally heard from my friend today after trying unsuccessfully to get ahold of her for three days. I thought she was in Darrington, but it turns out she lives in Oso after all, 7 miles down river from the landslide. She was allowed to go back to her home today after being evacuated since Saturday. She said she was on the phone when the slide occurred, and it sounded like a huge explosion, like nothing she had ever heard before. She is in shock right now, having lost some friends confirmed and others who are MIA. She just kept saying, "The mountain just came down on top of them." I am just relieved that she is okay.