Respected Contributor

Re: When and why did you stop wearing high heels?

On 4/9/2015 moonstone dunes said:

They say the legs are the last to go...PLEASE if you can wear them, enjoy your heels ladies!! When I could wear them, my legs always looked great. No back problems 10 years ago...

Watched The Devil Wears Prada again last night. Love the fashions and heels and cute dresses. Call me Gimpy... can't run like that anymore in any shoes or even walk without limping :-(

Boxing up all my heeled boots and shoes for donation next week.

Hi, Moonstone dunes.Smile

I did the same a few months ago. It was kind of freeing in a way, not having to look at shoes I know I can no longer wear.

I hear you on The Devil Wears Prada fashions. I guess I figure it's a new chapter in my life and I am entitled to being more comfortable and not worrying about fashion as much as I did when I was younger.

Respected Contributor

I stopped wearing 2-3" heels around 1990. I'm tall and they pushed me over 6ft. That wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't constantly having to bend over short little ones. Their tables hit me at my knees. My lower back was constantly hurting. If I wasn't bending over or squatting beside a table, I was walking around the room. By the end of the day my feet hurt, my back hurt and I just ached in general.

I switched to a 1 1/2 flatter heel and problems almost solved. My back and feet felt much better during the colder months when I switched to jeans, socks and sneakers. My feet were too cold in heels and nylons.

Now that I've retired I rarely have to wear heels of any type. I doubt that I could balance on my former 3 inchers though. I'd topple over-

Trusted Contributor

I'm 60 years old and still wear heels. But I know it's just a matter of time.