Respected Contributor

Re: the real housewives of new york.....3/25/14....with "news", spoilers, gossip

On 3/27/2014 FUTURE said:
On 3/26/2014 beammeupscottie said:

The thing is Kristen is a girly girl and not a jock. She obviously didn't know what she was getting into and her husband should never have pushed her to participate. He knows that this type of contest is not something she would ever enjoy. Instead he promised he would help her through it which he did NOT. That's the thing, he didn't keep his word which is why she was upset.

Heather on the other hand is a bit of a tomboy as she happily told us. She thrives with competition and physical workout. She was at home in the competition.

Doesn't make either one of them wrong or right. Just different.

The issue for Kristen was her husband's not doing what he said he would do when she agreed to participate at his request. I don't blame her. I am sure if they were at some hoity toity event with ball gowns and fancy schmancy manners required and she forced him to go and then ditched him he would not be very happy with HER!

Okay, okay...I can see this side of things. (I didn't read the thread before I posted). I just think she should've told him NO in the first place. I might've missed it, but I guess I didn't get the impression that he pressured her into it. Trust me, I am all for pushing your boundaries and going out of your comfort zone, but she didn't seem to want to do it AT ALL, the entire time. I just feel like, if it's that awful, then just own it and say "not my thing -- I'll cheer you on". Honestly, her husband is kind of a d-bag. He seems super self-absorbed, and in the 5 minutes I'd seen him on TV before that, I probably could've told you he wasn't going to wait on her -- and let Heather beat him. Lol! Smiley Wink

I would have to watch it again but I think he DID pressure her. That's my point. He pressured her and the only reason she went along was because he promised he would stick by her. Whatever else; he promised and that's why she was upset.

If my dh had pressured me into coming with him to do something and I agreed with the caveat that he had to stick by me, you can bet I'd be furious if he didn't stick to the promise. He gave his word.

Whether we think she should have been able to do it herself is not the issue FOR ME anyway. (And lol I'm as big of sissy as she is so I can truly relate). Her tears were because he ditched her when their agreement was he would not.

Respected Contributor

Re: the real housewives of new york.....3/25/14....with "news", spoilers, gossip

On 3/27/2014 beammeupscottie said:

The thing is Kristen is a girly girl and not a jock. She obviously didn't know what she was getting into and her husband should never have pushed her to participate. He knows that this type of contest is not something she would ever enjoy. Instead he promised he would help her through it which he did NOT. That's the thing, he didn't keep his word which is why she was upset.

Heather on the other hand is a bit of a tomboy as she happily told us. She thrives with competition and physical workout. She was at home in the competition.

The issue for Kristen was her husband's not doing what he said he would do when she agreed to participate at his request. I don't blame her. I am sure if they were at some hoity toity event with ball gowns and fancy schmancy manners required and she forced him to go and then ditched him he would not be very happy with HER!

Okay, okay...I can see this side of things. (I didn't read the thread before I posted). I just think she should've told him NO in the first place. I might've missed it, but I guess I didn't get the impression that he pressured her into it. Trust me, I am all for pushing your boundaries and going out of your comfort zone, but she didn't seem to want to do it AT ALL, the entire time. I just feel like, if it's that awful, then just own it and say "not my thing -- I'll cheer you on". Honestly, her husband is kind of a d-bag. He seems super self-absorbed, and in the 5 minutes I'd seen him on TV before that, I probably could've told you he wasn't going to wait on her -- and let Heather beat him. Lol! Smiley Wink

I would have to watch it again but I think he DID pressure her. That's my point. He pressured her and the only reason she went along was because he promised he would stick by her. Whatever else; he promised and that's why she was upset.

If my dh had pressured me into coming with him to do something and I agreed with the caveat that he had to stick by me, you can bet I'd be furious if he didn't stick to the promise. He gave his word.

Whether we think she should have been able to do it herself is not the issue FOR ME anyway. (And lol I'm as big of sissy as she is so I can truly relate). Her tears were because he ditched her when their agreement was he would not.

I get it. Smiley Wink I kind of zoned out a little bit during the episode, cause I thought it was a little boring. I guess I'm just the type of personality that, if my husband said he would and left me, I either would've caught up with him and tripped him, or walked back to the car and left his a r s e lol!! Ok, not really, and I can see how he gave his word --- the difference being that with our hubbies, we can probably actually expect them to keep it. I'm not so sure I'd give him that much credit. Again, he's just kind of a arrogant punk, to me. Maybe it's the editing, maybe we haven't seen much of him, maybe he actually is. Idk. But he rubs me the wrong way. Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

What kind of model is Kristen? I tried to Google, but just keep seeing the word model. She's 36; what kind of modeling is she doing?
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2014 VanSleepy said: What kind of model is Kristen? I tried to Google, but just keep seeing the word model. She's 36; what kind of modeling is she doing?

in last weeks thread i posted a link to her modeling shots.

Kristen Taekman, Real Housewives of New York City

http://starcasm.net/archives/264017

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

On 3/27/2014 sunshine45 said:
On 3/27/2014 VanSleepy said: What kind of model is Kristen? I tried to Google, but just keep seeing the word model. She's 36; what kind of modeling is she doing?

in last weeks thread i posted a link to her modeling shots.

Kristen Taekman, Real Housewives of New York City

http://starcasm.net/archives/264017

wow -- serious Photoshop!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Valued Contributor

she is pretty -- but those modeling shots are heavily touched up.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Respected Contributor

It's called make-up. That isn't photo-shop...makeup.

Honored Contributor

OMG major photo-shop. That photo above barely looks like her. Her face is thinned out, the shape of her chin is different, it looks like they removed the mole by her eye, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I do not like Kristen's husband. He treats her like a child and seems very self absorbed.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2014 beammeupscottie said:

I get it. Smiley Wink I kind of zoned out a little bit during the episode, cause I thought it was a little boring. I guess I'm just the type of personality that, if my husband said he would and left me, I either would've caught up with him and tripped him, or walked back to the car and left his a r s e lol!! Ok, not really, and I can see how he gave his word --- the difference being that with our hubbies, we can probably actually expect them to keep it. I'm not so sure I'd give him that much credit. Again, he's just kind of a arrogant punk, to me. Maybe it's the editing, maybe we haven't seen much of him, maybe he actually is. Idk. But he rubs me the wrong way. Smiley Wink

Me too! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}