Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

confused.gif

@Mz iMac  Apparently someone felt she needed to start - yet another - of the numerous threads about the login problem.  As if there weren't already enough threads about it already on the board.

Image result for thumbs up

Honored Contributor

@rstedem. I've been advised by the IT person working in my husband's accounting practice (where security is a #1 priority), to delete all account info. If (big IF) I decide to order something, do so by phone. Of course w/o an account, you need to use the 1 800 345 1515 number and can't use the auto order feature...a small price to price to pay for having credit card info stolen and name/addresss available as well. I would assume the email address may be compromised, too. 

Don't come down on folks adding to or beginning new threads. This is a serious for many who have concerns about info leaks 

Esteemed Contributor

It is not just Chrome.  I use both Chrome and IE.  It is a real mess no matter what you use and I would think they DO KNOW ABOUT IT BY NOW. 

I don't really feel insecure yet.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

I apologize.  I was wrong. I did not realize that this concern had morphed into this 'i' thing.

I hadn't noticed that and wondered if it was just Chrome so I went onto Amazon (as an example) and it DID show the secure symbol there.

It's odd.  I'm glad I don't have a credit card on this account.  

I imagine they are working on it, but I DO understand the concern for the security issue of this.    I thought it was another thread about the silly 'when you log into the board it takes you to a screen trying to sell you stuff and showing your orders' issue that they've been 'working on' for a while now.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I apologize.  I was wrong. I did not realize that this concern had morphed into this 'i' thing.

I hadn't noticed that and wondered if it was just Chrome so I went onto Amazon (as an example) and it DID show the secure symbol there.

I imagine they are working on it, but I DO understand the concern for the security issue of this.    I thought it was another thread about the silly 'when you log into the board it takes you to a screen trying to sell you stuff and showing your orders' issue that they've been 'working on' for a while now.

@chickenbutt - after reading this whole thread I did the same thing.

None of the Q website is secure for me.

They, the Q, automatically save credit card info, you aren't even given the option of them not saving it.

Seems as if they don't get to fixing this issue ASAP it will be like the Target hack and they will have to offer everyone free credit monitoring for a year.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: security issue

[ Edited ]

The Q should fix all the problems with there website. If there is a security problem they should clear it up and of course alert us quickly. Woman Frustrated

Regular Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt - after reading this whole thread I did the same thing.

None of the Q website is secure for me.

They, the Q, automatically save credit card info, you aren't even given the option of them not saving it.

Seems as if they don't get to fixing this issue ASAP it will be like the Target hack and they will have to offer everyone free credit monitoring for a year.

One problem being that we don't hear about hacks until long after they happened @chickenbutt  @CelticCrafter.

Honored Contributor

I'm still being sent to order page after sign in. Has anyone noticed a difference (attempt to be corrected) when you sign in? I think it's been about 10 days since first detected.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I think she's referring to the sign in issue which takes you to your account info, which is supposed to be secure.

If you simply scroll down and click on 'blogs & forums' from there, your account info stays open while you're on the forums which is NOT secure.

I took advice from other posters who suggested to log out of your account info, before going to the forums.

@KingstonsMom When I login to the forums if I want to go to my account to see order info or other account info I have to login in there also. I'm not logged into my account while on the forums.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@rstedem wrote:

Well I am not seeing a padlock when entering credit card info on QVC site using Google Chrome...ther is a little i circled before the website URL and if you click on it it stated the "the site you are entering is not secure"  Never had this issue before  hope IT can adress this

Use another browser.

@Mz iMac I don't think the browser will make a difference. DH said if Chrome is showing not secure but IE is showing secure that maybe Chrome has better security features & is just trying to show you the sites that are not secure.

HSN & Evine also show the i in the circle which says not secure. When you login on HSN or Evine it comes up with a secure page to login. QVC however does not do that. When you login to your account the page still shows the i in the circle & if you click to login to your account a page flips by fast with the padlock but immediately goes to a screen to login with the i in the circle & no padlock which is not secure.