Esteemed Contributor

Re: security issue

[ Edited ]

IF someone knows your password to log on here, then yes, they could see your account information.

No one knows my password for here (or anyplace), except for me, and me alone.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

It doesn't matter which browser you use, it's on QVC's end.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

When you log in, you're only taken to the account you signed into, so it's not like you log in and see somebody else's personal information.

Granted, it's different and there are probably some 20 threads about it here now.  But it might be on purpose, on their part, to try and sell product (which is their purpose, so I can't really begrudge them that).

OTOH, the board moderators here have said over and over that they are working on it, so maybe it will change back or some version of that.

Trusted Contributor

@hennypenny  You are correct.  This is a separate issue from being directed to your order page.   In the top corner (in forums & blogs only) there is a red X that says "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources".. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have the security padlock in my address bar when i go to my order status and am automatically logged out after a period of time if i dont logout myself.

i am not worried about a "security risk" at this time. i would like them to fix some of the recurring problems though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

confused.gif

@Mz iMac  Apparently someone felt she needed to start - yet another - of the numerous threads about the login problem.  As if there weren't already enough threads about it already on the board.

I should have known.....lol   Oh, it is going to be a long long weekend...lol

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

confused.gif

@Mz iMac  Apparently someone felt she needed to start - yet another - of the numerous threads about the login problem.  As if there weren't already enough threads about it already on the board.

I should have known.....lol   Oh, it is going to be a long long weekend...lol

@chrystaltree  Please do feel free to make your weekend shorter simply by ignoring my posts.  Easy, peasy!  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

A different browser (Safari) made no difference -- but I am not concerned about there being a security risk.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Every incarnation of their website going as far back as I can remember has been a mess. Why they refuse to bring in an IT resource that can execute and maintain an across the board functional website is a great mystery. QVC clearly has a 'my way or the highway' approach to doing business. It's unfortunate they seem incapable of learning from experience.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You would think QVC being an electronic retailer, with such a huge online presence as well, would have a top-notch website. 

You would think...