Honored Contributor

rain, rain and more rain, perfect day to find a Christmas CD

As I have stated before, I'm a new fan of Barbara Streisand. So any recommendations of a good CD she put out, please let me know. Heard her sing the song from CATS the other day. Wow what a voice.

But I am thinking of A Lady Antebellum (sp?) and a Il Vilo Christmas CD. I'm getting in the mood now that someone started a Holiday music question. Love that music.

Boy I sure wish we had a music forum. I've requested one. It's under consideration.

Honored Contributor

Re: rain, rain and more rain, perfect day to find a Christmas CD

"My Name is Barbra" is a classic and one of her best.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think when you discover an artist who has been around as long as Barbra Streisand it's imperative to go back to the first few albums.  The debut solo album is The Barbra Streisand Album (1963).  Streisand is on a Broadway cast album predating that, but it's the solo stuff you need to hear.  Once you hear that early work from more than 50 years ago and then take a listen to something more recent like Back To Brooklyn you will appreciate this incredible artist even more.  

After you've heard the solo albums, then experience the soundtracks and duets.  Her duet album Guilty with Bee Gee, Barry Gibb was a smash hit.  Enjoy the journey into Barbra Streisand!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Has BS done Christmas songs?

I love anyone who sings O Holy Night, but my favorite is Jon Anderson (Yes).

Hope you find some good ones!

Funny you should be thinking of Christmas today.  We're putting in new windows, cedar shake, etc. and I was daydreaming about hanging huge bells from the attic windows and 4 Christmas wreaths from the front porch windows.  But I don't know if the house will be ready for Christmas (decorating)!  Oy.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

As I have stated before, I'm a new fan of Barbara Streisand. So any recommendations of a good CD she put out, please let me know. Heard her sing the song from CATS the other day. Wow what a voice.

But I am thinking of A Lady Antebellum (sp?) and a Il Vilo Christmas CD. I'm getting in the mood now that someone started a Holiday music question. Love that music.

Boy I sure wish we had a music forum. I've requested one. It's under consideration.

@qualitygal I'm one of her biggest fans and have been from the very start.

I love the songs in her movie "Funny Girl".  I'm getting her newest one because I think it will be great.

Honored Contributor

Songs of Angels by the Robert Shaw Singers

A Victorian Christmas Revels by The Christmas Revels

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Barbra put out 2 Christmas albums according to Wikipedia. One titled A Christmas Album in 1967 and the 2nd titled Christmas Memories in 2001.

One of my favorite Christmas albums is by Josh Groban titled Noel and one by Judy Collins titled Come Rejoice!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I just  had to add, that I said to my husband yesterday, that if he got one of those coupons again from Best Buy, maybe we could get a Barbra S. CD. I had heard her sing "Memories" from Cats the other day and loved it. He checked it out and got me that CD on line. Wasn't that nice!