Respected Contributor

Every time I hear that phrase I want to scream.  If you ordered several items and they did not fit or did not turn out to be all that they said it would be, you could be out a lot of money returning them.  You definitely have something to lose.  That is such a lie when they say that.  After it costing me 12.00 to try on a piece of clothing I now only order things that I have already seen in a store and know for sure what it will be like when I get it.  Actually it is saving me money so I guess I should not complain.  I don't watch that much and don't order that much.

Trusted Contributor

Re: "You have nothing to lose"

They do not fool me.....sure I have something to lose....MONEY LOL. Yup I am the ultimate cheapo LOL

Honored Contributor

Who believes this nonsense?

Respected Contributor

I am super careful about what I order now.  I won't take a chance on certain things because I don't want to pay shipping coming and going. 

It was really nice when all the TSV's shipped free in August.

Respected Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Who believes this nonsense?

Unfortunately, lots of people.

But, regardless, it is dishonest to say it, and QVC should not be dishonest to their customers.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

I think there must be a lot of people that do not return items that do not work for them. AND, there are new customers everyday that might not understand the new return "system" and order when they hear "You've got nothing to lose!"

Regular Contributor

I started a thread saying we should file a class action lawsuit a few weeks ago. There are FTC and FCC laws on the books to protect consumers from lies. People responded badly, saying "read the fine print ".  Seniors watching the TV DON'T SEE ANY FINE PRINT! I know several on limited incomes who were hurt financially by THE LIES. We need an attorney who will file a suit pro bono for us.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree that the hosts need to stop saying this.  Unless an item is clearly defective or they sent you the wrong item, you now stand to "lose" a minimum of $9.95 because of the shipping charges policy.  That's a lot of money to most people, just for "trying something".  I understand that QVC was probably trying to stop those customers who would order anything and everything and then return most of it, but it still doesn't make it right.

I know it's a sales ploy, but it is misleading.

I rarely buy anything now, that I'm not sure I'll keep.

Esteemed Contributor

When I hear a host say this it tells me a lot about their character. Just because legally you can something doesn't mean they should. I am savy enough to see through this but not everyone is. Why should you have to be savy to shop with a company? Certainly not a pleasure to have to be on your toes to avoid deception.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

As always, BUYER BEWARE!