Respected Contributor

Re: "Jeopardy" Contestant Matt Jackson

@AuntG wrote:

He won again and is over $230,000.  I find his style easy to watch.

Oh, man; I wish I hadn't read this far.  The show doesn't air here for another 25 Minutes.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I should have inserted a Spolier.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

It's never too late to edit your post.

Trusted Contributor

He is incredible. Answers every question so fast. Must be frustrating for the other contestants and it's getting a little boring 

I guess he will lose eventually!

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

It's OK; I still watched. :-)  Maybe they need to pit him against Jennings & that computer (what was its name?)

Valued Contributor

He most definitely has no social skills. I actually find him rude. Alex can't finish a statement before he butts in asking for another clue.  

I wish they'd go back to the old rule of many, many years ago. In Final Jeopardy you had to wager at least 50% of your money. You could wager more than that but you had to wager at least 50%.  Made it much more fair. The 2 losing contestants also got to keep the money they won.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Valued Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

He most definitely has no social skills. I actually find him rude. Alex can't finish a statement before he butts in asking for another clue.  

I wish they'd go back to the old rule of many, many years ago. In Final Jeopardy you had to wager at least 50% of your money. You could wager more than that but you had to wager at least 50%.  Made it much more fair. The 2 losing contestants also got to keep the money they won.

MathisFan ~ thanks for the memories! I've been watching Jeopardy since day one (1964). My SIL was a winning contestant about 15 yrs ago. Our family has every home version of the game and we've worn them out over the past many decades! We must have gone through a million of those cricket clickers! LoL (My favourite part of the show is the "meet & greet" where the contestants tell you a bit about themselves!)

We finally warmed up to Alex over time, but Art Flemming and Don Pardo will always be the face and voice of Jeopardy to us!

We'll have to see how far the current champ, Matt, takes his streak. Before 2003, Jeopardy! contestants were limited to five consecutive games. At the beginning of the show's twentieth season (in 2003), the rules were changed to allow contestants to remain on the show as long as they continued to win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Super Contributor

I really enjoy Jeopardy and do not find Matt insensitive but rather focused.   There were others in the past that had behaviors or lack of social skills than did make me root for another but this is a program that challenges my brain and that is so much better than reality programs.   Keep on Matt and let's see how long the streak will continue.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree he is very smart, but for some reason he just rubs me the wrong way. I hate at the beggining of the show when they introduce  the contestances and he holds up his fingers on how many days he has won, and to me he just has the fakest smile.  

If he goes past 10 wins what is he going to do have a marquee lit up above him with how many games he has won. Yikes Smiley Happy

Spoiler