Honored Contributor

"Jeopardy" Contestant Matt Jackson

Has anyone else been watching him?  I think today was his eighth day as the champion.  He answers so fast, almost mechanically.  Alex had to tell him to slow down.  The other contestants don't even stand a chance.  His only weak area seems to be popular culture.

Respected Contributor

Re: "Jeopardy" Contestant Matt Jackson

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Has anyone else been watching him?  I think today was his eighth day as the champion.  He answers so fast, almost mechanically.  Alex had to tell him to slow down.  The other contestants don't even stand a chance.  His only weak area seems to be popular culture.

It might be tedious to watch Jeopardy if he continues to dominate.  He doesn't have good social skills.  If he keeps on winning, do they have a mechansim to change contestants?

Respected Contributor

I'm enjoying watching Matt. Definitely a different contestant which makes it exciting.

Honored Contributor

I caught him a couple of days ago when he won but was the only one that got the Final Jeopardy answer incorrect and he didn't look pleased . . . thanks for the reminder.  I'll try and catch it tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

It might be tedious to watch Jeopardy if he continues to dominate.  He doesn't have good social skills.  If he keeps on winning, do they have a mechansim to change contestants?

I don't think so.  I think he just keeps going until he loses.  Although his answering style could become tedious, interest in his tenure will increase as he keeps winning. 

Honored Contributor

@fortuneI don't think they do (think of Ken Jennings) and I also do not think they should. 

Respected Contributor

Many viewers may have poor social skills as well, and not even notice in the same way we have...

Esteemed Contributor

Although it took me a while to warm up to him, I now find that I really enjoy watching him play the game. How could I not appreciate watching someone who has so much knowledge?

I felt the same way about Ken Jennings and, to this day, still love to watch when he's on anything. There's even a little kid on a Subaru commercial that reminds me of a young Ken. So cute!

I have to admit I do sometimes feel for the other players who really don't stand a chance. Eventually, though, he'll likely make a mistake--just as Ken did after winning 74 games.

As of yesterday Matt had racked up something like $190,000. How far will he go? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm a huge fan of the show & enjoy trying to come up with the questions myself.  It is more interesting when one or both of the other contestants gives the current champ a run for his/her money.  I think now we are certainly starting to compare Matt to Ken Jennings.  Funny thing is that Ken' s downfall was about something pretty easy to just guess at (paraphrasing):  most of this company's white-collar employees only work 4 months a year.  He asked what is FedEx, but it's H&R Block.  (Big clue--4 months)  Maybe by that time Ken was getting just a bit over-confident.  So, we'll see how it goes for Matt.

Honored Contributor

He won again and is over $230,000.  I find his style easy to watch.