Respected Contributor

I watched this for the first time last night.  Obviously, I don't get all the characters and their stories.

I sometimes watch OWN at night to see Dateline and other true crime stories.  This show always seems to be on!!

I was bored with other selections, so I decided to see what this was about.  This show has to be one of the WORST shows I have ever watched!!

It is badly acted and over acted.  What I watched was the woman giving birth to her lover's child and she was in the hospital.

The sets are hokey and unrealistic.  The acting is terrible.  I thought with it being on so much that it must be good!  That network also has "The Haves and the Have Nots," which I have not watched either.  Maybe it's better.

Have I gotten it all wrong about "If Loving You is Wrong?"  I doubt I would look to watch it again!!

Hyacinth   Cat Surprised

Respected Contributor

Re: "If Loving You is Wrong"

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003...I agree the acting isn't the greatest on that show, but I am totally addicted to The Haves and The Have Nots.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer wrote:

@hyacinth003...I agree the acting isn't the greatest on that show, but I am totally addicted to The Haves and The Have Nots.

I watch both shows and enjoy them.

Yeah, the acting and such is kind of cheesy on ILYIW but it helps to have watched the first season because sooooooo much happened during that season with many of the characters.

I'm in at this point so I don't expect I will stop watching unless they just write some 'way too stupid to watch' stuff into the script.  Smiley Happy

Although there are some problems with 'The Haves and Have Nots', it's a more substantial show.  I've also watched it since the first season.  There would be no way to have an idea what's going on if I had missed the first seasons!

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@catwhisperer wrote:

I watch both shows and enjoy them.

Yeah, the acting and such is kind of cheesy on ILYIW but it helps to have watched the first season because sooooooo much happened during that season with many of the characters.

I'm in at this point so I don't expect I will stop watching unless they just write some 'way too stupid to watch' stuff into the script.  Smiley Happy

Although there are some problems with 'The Haves and Have Nots', it's a more substantial show.  I've also watched it since the first season.  There would be no way to have an idea what's going on if I had missed the first seasons!

@chickenbutt...I have watched enough of If Loving You Is Wrong to know the characters and what is going on, so will probably continue to follow it. I know one thing, someone needs to put a stop to Eddie and his evil ways! Someone already has a hit out on him. Hopefully they will follow through soon!

You are right about The Haves and Have Nots. It would be impossible to know all of what is going on unless you started watching it from the beginning. I have not missed one episode.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Oh, tell me about it with Eddie!  We may have discussed this in the tv forum, but I REALLY want Eddie to be called out for the things he's done.  He's the epitome of 'bad cop'.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh, tell me about it with Eddie!  We may have discussed this in the tv forum, but I REALLY want Eddie to be called out for the things he's done.  He's the epitome of 'bad cop'.

@chickenbutt...yes he is and I feel SOOOO bad for his partner who is trying to do good but can't trust any of the other cops and has to watch every word that comes out of his mouth. Poor guy.

Respected Contributor

thought this was part of a song ''if loving you is wrong,'' then I don't want to be right''.      then my next thought was Oh wow now all these ladies are going to confess about loving the wrong man and here it turns out to be a tv show. What a disappointment!!!!