Respected Contributor

Be cautious... I ordered a few things which were "gauranteed" to arrive last year and they didn't. I am STILL waiting on two items that were sent on 12/4 and 12/8. When I contacted CS, I was told that one item would arrive on 12/28....ummm, NO! After I complained and reminded CS that these were gift items, I was assured that both would be received by 12/22. We will see. If items do not arrive, you're out a gift or item that you particularly wanted prior to the holiday and QVC simply says, "i'm sorry"!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: "Guaranteed" for Christmas

This subject comes up every year.  Once a package has left their warehouse, it's out of their hands.  Bad weather and a myriad of other things can affect delivery.

I never believe in the "guarantee".  If it gets to me, fine.  If not, I can deal with it.  I never wait till the last minute to purchase something that's a gift, no matter what a retailer promises.

And, if weather conditions are treacherous (as they are through much of the country right now), I'd rather my package be delayed, than for a driver to risk his life trying to meet a deadline.  People are more important than things.

There's very little that QVC offers now, that I can't buy elsewhere. If it's that important to me to have it on the day, I'll buy it at a B&M store.

Even Amazon Prime isn't infallible.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

This subject comes up every year.  Once a package has left their warehouse, it's out of their hands.  Bad weather and a myriad of other things can affect delivery.

I never believe in the "guarantee".  If it gets to me, fine.  If not, I can deal with it.  I never wait till the last minute to purchase something that's a gift, no matter what a retailer promises.

And, if weather conditions are treacherous (as they are through much of the country right now), I'd rather my package be delayed, than for a driver to risk his life trying to meet a deadline.  People are more important than things.

There's very little that QVC offers now, that I can't buy elsewhere. If it's that important to me to have it on the day, I'll buy it at a B&M store.

Even Amazon Prime isn't infallible.

I agree generally, but if items were mailed 12/4 and 12/5 they were probably ordered around 12/1 - which isn't "last minute" ordering.

The problems are when the items are supposed to ship from a vendor's facility, don't ship for whatever reason, and QVC isn't even informed. The vendor runs out, gets late containers from China or whatever, and doesn't tell QVC (probably on purpose), so QVC can't let customers know. But QVC doesn't ever seem to stop doing business with companies that pull this.

Or, it does ship from a QVC warehouse but...it doesn't, for a week or two, for reasons no one ever knows.

Some things can be blamed on the carrier, but a lot of QVC's issues are plain disinterest. Something ordered 24 days in advance *should* arrive within 14-15 days, from most shippers.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde - True, but I'd want to know the specifics of a problem before I decided where the blame lay.

And in the case of the OP, the items were shipped fairly promptly.  So something else is at work concerning the delay.

In general, my experience with QVC over the years has been positive.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Moonchilde - True, but I'd want to know the specifics of a problem before I decided where the blame lay.

And in the case of the OP, the items were shipped fairly promptly.  So something else is at work concerning the delay.

In general, my experience with QVC over the years has been positive.

@Venezia, people post here often that they get a notification that something shipped, when in reality they discover later that it never did ship. A label was printed (the "shipped" notification) and there is no further tracking available after a week. It may not be the case with the OP, but it happens a fair amount that a "shipped" item never actually was shipped  because a ball got dropped - maybe by QVC, maybe by the vendor.

Honored Contributor

This "guaranteed for Christmas"  thing is part of our annual QVC tradition.   Then commence with the angry posts from people whose gifts didn't make it and QVC "ruined"  their child's Christmas. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

This "guaranteed for Christmas"  thing is part of our annual QVC tradition.   Then commence with the angry posts from people whose gifts didn't make it and QVC "ruined"  their child's Christmas. 

I was just about to say the same thing.

This happens every single year because people count on QVC's guarantee.  The reality is that this guarantee is worthless because too many factors are out of their control.   But QVC - year after year - continues to make this guarantee knowing full well that they can't be held responsible.  And people - year after year - continue to expect their gifts to arrive in time for Christmas, and end up angry and upset.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I was just about to say the same thing.

This happens every single year because people count on QVC's guarantee.  The reality is that this guarantee is worthless because too many factors are out of their control.   But QVC - year after year - continues to make this guarantee knowing full well that they can't be held responsible.  And people - year after year - continue to expect their gifts to arrive in time for Christmas, and end up angry and upset.

And refuse to even consider the possibility that any part of their disappointment is their own fault. Who wants to take any responsibility when they can blame QVC?

Honored Contributor

I ordered a sport bra here and I didn't care when it came but it came Fed Ex Express for some reason then something that someone would want before Christmas and ordered long before I ordered this doesn't come.  That's the way it usually happens.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

Be cautious... I ordered a few things which were "gauranteed" to arrive last year and they didn't. I am STILL waiting on two items that were sent on 12/4 and 12/8. When I contacted CS, I was told that one item would arrive on 12/28....ummm, NO! After I complained and reminded CS that these were gift items, I was assured that both would be received by 12/22. We will see. If items do not arrive, you're out a gift or item that you particularly wanted prior to the holiday and QVC simply says, "i'm sorry"!!!

A couple years back i would have believed delivery by Christmas...........but the past couple years....delivery has taken much longer and i wouldn't have chanced it if it was close to the holiday........................but the poster i believe ordered in plenty of time and should have received her items by now..................