Honored Contributor

New postal rates coming for 2017.....wonder what that means for qvc rates?

New postage prices announced.
The Priority Mail Flat Rate Box and Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope prices for these products are:

Current- New
Small flat-rate box $6.80- $7.15
Medium flat-rate box 13.45 -13.60
Large flat-rate box 18.75- 18.85
Large APO/FPO flat-rate box 16.75- 17.35
Regular flat-rate envelope 6.45- 6.65
Legal flat-rate envelope 6.45- 6.95

Padded flat-rate envelope 6.80- 7.20
The PRC will review the prices before they are scheduled to take effect Jan. 22, 2017. The complete Postal Service price filing with the new prices for all Shipping Services products can be found on the PRC site under the Daily Listings section:

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I might get egged for this, but I consider postal rates a bargain. If you had to hand deliver, or to hire it done privately, it could be  well out of the price range for many people

Honored Contributor

@cherry

i might agree with you if i thought that the service was getting better, but it isnt. to me, their service has gotten worse over the years.

i think that ups and fedex do a MUCH better job than usps.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I can only speak for my own service and it is good. The people who deliver are courteous and they are dependable

Trusted Contributor

I will go buy a book of forever stamps.  It will last me a year as I seldom mail anything.  If s&h is to much I will order even less on line than I did this year and shop even more locally.  I control my choices.

Honored Contributor

Of all the packages that I order, the only times I've had a problem was with FedEx., and they are not helpful at all.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The flat rate boxes used to be bargains.  Now it seems like we're better off not using them.

Esteemed Contributor

The postal rates don't bother me. Of course I don't ship much in the way of boxes but my husband sells some small items on ebay.

I don't see the big deal of the price of stamps. We still mail all our bills and I mail cards out for Christmas and birthdays and such and always will.

Yes people may say its a waste of paper. But we shred and recycle everything where we live. We have to recycle, its the law.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Flat rate boxes seem really pricey now.  I haven't sent anything using them in a long time but if I remember correctly, they hardly hold anything. 

I have used ups and fed ex for my huge boxes.  USPS staff locally are usually surly when they wait on people.  Last time I wanted to view the forever stamp choices the clerk couldn't be bothered.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

New postal rates coming for 2017.....wonder what that means for qvc rates?

New postage prices announced.
The Priority Mail Flat Rate Box and Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope prices for these products are:

Current- New
Small flat-rate box $6.80- $7.15
Medium flat-rate box 13.45 -13.60
Large flat-rate box 18.75- 18.85
Large APO/FPO flat-rate box 16.75- 17.35
Regular flat-rate envelope 6.45- 6.65
Legal flat-rate envelope 6.45- 6.95

Padded flat-rate envelope 6.80- 7.20
The PRC will review the prices before they are scheduled to take effect Jan. 22, 2017. The complete Postal Service price filing with the new prices for all Shipping Services products can be found on the PRC site under the Daily Listings section:

Fedex and UPS are going up also.