Honored Contributor

Re: Sincere Appreciation and Thanks to Moderators

What I hate is those who go crying to the mods because something said 'offends ' their little sensitivities and mods say removed because some posters find it rude. Well , tough...........

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

What I hate is those who go crying to the mods because something said 'offends ' their little sensitivities and mods say removed because some posters find it rude. Well , tough...........

My personal favorite......unkind.  Lol, I wonder how some get through the day.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

When an "open" blog is offered, people vent...not all comments are to everyone's standards and liking...I try to ignore the comments I don't care for, and ❤️ the ones I do.  

This isn't a blog, though.  This is a board.  So they can delete whatever suits them, I suppose.  Smiley Happy

I don't know what this particular thread is about but I can only imagine.  

I agree that some seem to revel in the shock value of putting some horrific story details in a thread title - well, just as long as it isn't something that bothers them.  Smiley Wink

Great post @chickenbutt!

👍👍👍

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

I believe we are all adults on these forums.  As adults I also believe we can recognize something that is offensive to us and at that point ignore the post and move on to the next subject. 

I do appreciate that there are employees checking what people have to say, however, I do not see  how they can determine what is or isn't offensive to everyone here.  I know there are rules, this is a catch twenty two, but I would like to think that I, along with the majority here, can determine what we want to read and what we don't without acting like children by responding to the offender with caustic words, and that, my fellow posters is the biggest problem here.

This is not Kindergarten or the first grade where a hand goes up and a child says, "Teacher, teacher, Mary said a bad word, or Tommy says he didn't like what Susan said. 

When dealing with so many people on a Board I guess it is almost impossible to control what happens here.  But I do know it can be better for all of us if, as I said above about not responding to a post you don't like and just move on it can get better, or am I just being naive?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

But why is it that the posters who represent themselves as ultra sophisticated are conversely seemingly purposely obtuse to the use of language subjectively or objectively to appropriately express opinions without deliberately offending readers with whom they disagree?

I read a response the other day from someone who suggested that if a reader was offended by a topic the header line should not have been read.

Curious as to how the sophisticates on this board determine a potentially delicate topic without reading the topic sentence.

As is also OFTEN repeated, there are PLENTY of boards where "venting" is encouraged and nothing is off limits. What motivates posters to stay here and rant instead of going there? Is it the fun of anonymous meanness?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Protect us ?   From what?  Other people's opinions?   I'm a 56 year old grown woman, I don't need protection from the written word.  I know what to read and what not to read.  If I don't like something, I stop reading and move on to something else.

I totally agree with you!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Protect us ?   From what?  Other people's opinions?   I'm a 56 year old grown woman, I don't need protection from the written word.  I know what to read and what not to read.  If I don't like something, I stop reading and move on to something else.

I totally agree with you!

Then why not just disclude yourself from saying "thank you" and also do as you suggested and "stop reading and move on to something else"

Simple two words and people just don't get it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  Opinions veer off here into nasty  personal attacks -- too often.  I like the Mods to delete those, since I am often targeted for personal attacks.  IMO the mods don't delete enough of them.

Edited to add later:   In fact, one was just removed from this thread.  Kudos so the Mod, speaking of this thread title! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

There are clearly two "ideas" going in this thread about what should/should not be removed by moderators.

1) Directly, deliberately personal and deliberately snotty posts about a poster's IQ, personality, taste, etc.

2) Posts on topics individual posters may find unpleasant or unhappy.

I do appreciate the moderators removing type #1.

Type #2? Please. Big Girl undies and all that. We can all see by thread titles what it's likely to be about. It's out there, just like TV and radio. Learn to live with it. Don't even click to open it. Those who have their day ruined by simply seeing an unhappy title/sentence that they would rather not see? I thought one had to be an adult to view/post here. Get over thinking the forum should be tailored to your preferences.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

There are clearly two "ideas" going in this thread about what should/should not be removed by moderators.

1) Directly, deliberately personal and deliberately snotty posts about a poster's IQ, personality, taste, etc.

2) Posts on topics individual posters may find unpleasant or unhappy.

I do appreciate the moderators removing type #1.

Type #2? Please. Big Girl undies and all that. We can all see by thread titles what it's likely to be about. It's out there, just like TV and radio. Learn to live with it. Don't even click to open it. Those who have their day ruined by simply seeing an unhappy title/sentence that they would rather not see? I thought one had to be an adult to view/post here. Get over thinking the forum should be tailored to your preferences.

I completely agree, Moonchilde.

It's far too subjective for the mods to anticipate what  thread title might be offensive to someone. 

~Enough is enough~