Respected Contributor

Re: my current favorite TV ad

I saw that Walgreen's ad just last night.  I noticed they had on only thier towels with (assumably) nothing on underneath in the STORE.. This little detail killed the whole thing for me. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I saw that Walgreen's ad just last night.  I noticed they had on only thier towels with (assumably) nothing on underneath in the STORE.. This little detail killed the whole thing for me. 

What killed it for me was they were senior citizens going to a Nudist beach! Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@Peaches McPhee: Agreed. My first impression was that its tone is a bit mocking...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

I like a simple ad in which it is extremely clear what product is being sold. Sometimes in the ads which feature animal antics and high tech stunts, I lose focus on what the product is I'm supposed to be lured to buy.  For that reason, one of my favorite current ads Yoplait's in which the little girl is caught by dad grabbing a midnight snack from the fridge and they have the yogurt together.   

I  thought that was her brother.  Funny how people see things differently Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

The one for the Hormel pepperoni with the one-man band marching around is so stupid...but I laugh every time.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

1,  Liberty mutual commercial... 

2.  Dogs behind the wheel and in the Subaru

I'm so sick of ALL of the insurance company ads!

But fifteen minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance. Ha!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite tv ads are the ones where I have to press my "skip button" fewer times. DVR everything I watch, so commercials? I'll leave those answers to those that choose to spend that extra 15-17 minutes to watch a 1 hour show. I prefer watching just the shows, minus that many minutes, which for me is wasted time.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I really like the Subaru/dogs commercials; there are several in this series.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Subaru animal commercials...particularly the adventures of the Barkley Family (the golden retriever clan).....Heart

The Westminister Dog Show will be coming up soon and they always show the Subaru commercials....I love them even though cats are the villians in some of thm...Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

My current favorite is the Velveeta mac and cheese where the guys are camped in the aisle and the store clerk comes along and says "Is that a FIRE?!?!?!?"..

And the thin guy  says "Are you the law? here's your payoff" and throws him a box of the mix and then says "GIT"!!!!!!

His crazy face is hilarious!!!!

The ad I hate the MOST is the promos for the show "The Outsiders"...they look like a bunch of meth heads and I keep wondering who watches that garbage. Our local paper has arrested drug users photos almost every day that look like these people