Honored Contributor

Re: man wins qvc refund battle after tragedy

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I remember when my sister in laws sister passed away, her husband invited my sister over along with some of his wives good friends to go through the numerous QVC, and HSN boxes that had never been opened...I also have a friend, well we used to be good friends, but hardly ever see each other now, anyway she was ordering so much from QVC that she had several garage sales and had all sorts of goodies for a steal..High thread count sheets, makeup and skincare that had never been opened, Valerie items,Christmas decor,etc.....Some people I think get a thrill out of ordering and getting the boxes......   

Remember when Qvc sold Marie Osmond dolls and a line of teddy bears?  A woman I know had grandmother who never let any family members go up to the second floor of her house.  Her house was clean and neat and well cared for on the first floor, so they didn't give it much thought.  When she passed away, they discovered 100's of those dolls and bears in all the rooms upstairs.  Most in boxes that had never been opened; they were everywhere.  Piled high in the rooms, stuffed in the closets.  She also had scores of Madam Alexander dolls which were very expensive at the time.  The woman had a loving family and friends and active life for someone her age.  So, no one could understand her obsession.

@chrystaltree, thank goodness most of them were in boxes. If I had walked into those rooms and had seen those dolls all over the place, I would have freaked out in a Twilight Zone sort of way.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Re: man wins qvc refund battle after tragedy

Everyone can sit behind their computer screens and speculate, admonish, berate, criticize, chastise, and say how you would do things differently.  Until you're in that situation, you honestly have no idea how you would react to the situation.  For now,  I'll just thank QVC for being honorable and helping someone during probably one of the most difficult times of their lives. 

Remember, being kind to someone doesn't cost you anything.

I LIVE MY LIFE. I don't dwell on the criticisms of those who don't understand me.