Trusted Contributor

Why is it when most of the hosts are selling wallets,handbags,they all tell the tale of identity theft that happen to them.It just seems strange it has happened to so many hosts.Poor way to sell a product

Trusted Contributor

Selling fear sells. QVC wants in on the action. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, they are certainly an unlucky group, are they not,  ?? LOL !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have thought this too.   Yes, it's a horrible crime, but kinda strange that every one of them has a "story" to tell about it, but in real life, I've never come across one person that has experieinced it.

Honored Contributor

@June222 wrote:

Selling fear sells. QVC wants in on the action. 

Right.  Why should the politicians corner all the fear-mongering?

Honored Contributor

Just maybe the Q should sell some form of personal identify safe product, like LifeLock, instead of RFID wallet. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I would far rather take my own precautions than pay for Lifelock or any other of those expensive programs.  I just don't like what I've read about them.  They are the greatest at fear-mongering.

At least when you buy a wallet from QVC, you have a wallet!

Honored Contributor

My husband works for a large medical company.  They supply LifeLock for all their employees & we are very happy with them..  Also we feel very secure that we are being monitored and each month they let us know. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Yes, and Pat has personally experienced her CO monitors going off, which she ignored, thinking they were malfunctioning, so she bought new ones, and they also sounded an alarm, then she realized she had a problem.

Honored Contributor

Why so distrusting?  It happens ALL the time to thousands of people.

I have had my Discover card number stolen 3 times in the past year and a half...all while the card never left my possesion.

I have 2 very close friends who have gone through TOTAL identity theft.

I have several friends who have had their bank accounts wiped out by debit card theft.

It is a VERY RAMPANT crime these days.

If you have never personally gone through it...you are lucky and blessed.  For those of us who have?  IT IS A NIGHTMARE.

Any precautions I can take are worth it.