Honored Contributor

Re: generic epipen to be launched by mylan

I knew this was coming. We always need the Competition to keep things going.

The town I live in would do a lot better if there was some competition here.

Honored Contributor

Better hope the thing works when you need it.

Honored Contributor

Big whoopdeedoo.  I don't think many....if any....doctors will write a prescription for this generic Epi-pen, even if the patient requests is.  Not until it's been on the market and there's some history go on.  It's a liablility thing.  If, heaven forbid, a person uses one and it's not effective or there's a reaction or bad result......guess who the patient will sue???  The doctor.   Mylan knows that there will be very, very few prescriptions for it.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

The same company making the original is making a generic?  Then why would anyone want to buy the original?  Am I missing something?

I think there are a lot of EpiPen type of drugs out there where the cost has skyrocketed but no one has really paid attention.  EpiPen is changing only because it got caught. 

because the generic form of any drug is NEVER exactly like the name brand.  Never, ever.  Usually the difference doesn't matter but with something like the Eipen, no doctor is going to risk his or career on it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Deanie  I don't know either Sen. Manchin or his daughter.   But I think he's well-regarded and doubt he raised her to be selfish and greedy.  Hence, my wondering if he appealed to her better nature -- small though it may be (like the Grinch's heart!).

@ValuSkr He's well regarded in the public's eyes?.  Greed is greed and she is Greedy.  You see, the human condition is such that wealth becomes addictive.  You never have enough money as far as they're concerned.  Why do you think wealthy people do whatever it takes to add to their wealth?

Good idea not to speculate about what a kind and altruistic member of society she is when her company just raised the price of a life saving drug over 400%

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis  LOL, I'm the last person to defend her.  I only said her father is well-regarded.  She could be the wicked witch of the west, as far as I know.  Her company's offer to market a generic epi pen at 50% of the brand name price is laughable.  That's still over $200!

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Deanie  I don't know either Sen. Manchin or his daughter.   But I think he's well-regarded and doubt he raised her to be selfish and greedy.  Hence, my wondering if he appealed to her better nature -- small though it may be (like the Grinch's heart!).

@ValuSkr He's well regarded in the public's eyes?.  Greed is greed and she is Greedy.  You see, the human condition is such that wealth becomes addictive.  You never have enough money as far as they're concerned.  Why do you think wealthy people do whatever it takes to add to their wealth?

Good idea not to speculate about what a kind and altruistic member of society she is when her company just raised the price of a life saving drug over 400%

@itiswhatitis

It is the mission of ANY CEO in any company to raise sales and improve the bottom line.  The shareholders want to see their stock perform well.   I wonder how much the stock has gone up under the Mylan CEO .... and now it's a good stock to sell short!  lol

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@itiswhatitis  LOL, I'm the last person to defend her.  I only said her father is well-regarded.  She could be the wicked witch of the west, as far as I know.  Her company's offer to market a generic epi pen at 50% of the brand name price is laughable.  That's still over $200!

@ValuSkr, you got that right!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@itiswhatitis

It is the mission of ANY CEO in any company to raise sales and improve the bottom line.  The shareholders want to see their stock perform well.   I wonder how much the stock has gone up under the Mylan CEO .... and now it's a good stock to sell short!  lol

@Tinkrbl44, yes I know all about how Corporate America works.  It's always their bottom line.

http://www.mylan.com/en/investors/stock-history

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis

And if you own any stocks, you expect them to perform.  We all do.  Unfortunately, the Mylan CEO took it too far.