Honored Contributor

? for those who sell - or buy on EBAY

I won a lee sands pink coral necklace, earrings and bracelet set for $10 on EBAY. The seller keeps saying she can't confirm my address on my paypal acct. so she refunded my payment. I went to my settings on paypal and took out my secondary address but my home address is the primary address listed on the acct. IMO  I think she expected to get more for the item than I bid and doesn't want to sell it so low , and so is saying she can't confirm this so she can relist it later. i won it fair and square and I don't know what to do now, because I want my merchandise.

I also won another item from another seller who is having no problem at all and has already mailed the item.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ? for those who sell - or buy on EBAY

Contact eBay and let them know what you stated here.  Emphasize that the other seller has no problems confirming your address.

Honored Contributor

You can fill out the "non-performing" form and leave her a negative feedback but she did refund your money. 

Maybe she really did have a problem - she won't be the first seller to do this but I'd let it go as far as fighting to get the item....you actually can't force her to resell back to you.

Leave the feedback, fill out the non-perfoming seller complaint and then let it be.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

Do you use Paypal often?  I know sometimes Paypal didn't confirm addresses until you reached a certain dollar amount.  You may want to check with Paypal 1st to see if your address is confirmed before filing a complaint to eBay.

Honored Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

Do you use Paypal often?  I know sometimes Paypal didn't confirm addresses until you reached a certain dollar amount.  You may want to check with Paypal 1st to see if your address is confirmed before filing a complaint to eBay.

I'm not sure about that unless the seller is not in the USA.  The billing address has to match exactly or Paypay will not confirm.  Since the OP has 2 addresses she may think everything is in order but it may not be.

If it is as she thinks - that the seller backed off because of the low price then she should leave the feedback after confirming her address is correct - you can have 2 on file but only one is the confirmed one.

The OP may have made a mistake, too, with her addresses even though she doesn't think she did. 

If she is sure all was ok at her end then she can do the non-performing seller route.

Either way I myself do not feel it is worth fighting to get the necklace.  Winning fair and square on eBay isn't always fair and square.  lol

Honored Contributor

EBAY is no help - they said I have to wait 7 days to file a complaint form  and advised I watch the sellers feedbacks and not buy from those who don't have stellar feedback. So - I guess that's that.

Honored Contributor

I wrote to her and said to relist it with a buy it now price at what I had bid for it and I would buy it immediately but she said no - so now I know exactly what is going on . In 7 days I will give her a bad review for doing this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's nothing eBay can do for you since they cannot force a seller to ship. All you can do, if you haven't yet been refunded, is wait until the latest estimated delivery date has passed and then file an item not received claim. This will have the result of giving the seller a defect. And unless this seller is a TSR, you shouldn't have to wait to leave feedback. However, it is best to leave it after the transaction has been settled one way or another.

While eBay used to have a non-performing seller report, that's no longer available. And a confirmed address hasn't been required for several years now. 

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

There's nothing eBay can do for you since they cannot force a seller to ship. All you can do, if you haven't yet been refunded, is wait until the latest estimated delivery date has passed and then file an item not received claim. This will have the result of giving the seller a defect. And unless this seller is a TSR, you shouldn't have to wait to leave feedback. However, it is best to leave it after the transaction has been settled one way or another.

While eBay used to have a non-performing seller report, that's no longer available. And a confirmed address hasn't been required for several years now. 

thank you for that info - I knew about the report but never had to use it.  I thought Paypal still required a confirmed address, though?  I don't do eBay much anymore and have my son' use his account so thank you for the update.

Trusted Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

When I receive a Paypal payment from an ebay sale. It will say above the shipping address : Shipping address - confirmed (copied from an invoice).   The seller may not want to ship to an unconfirmed address.  I have received payments both ways.

I would call PayPal to see if the address is confirmed.  But at this point ...  I'd  probably not want the item, since the seller is not willing to work with the OP.