Honored Contributor

My question though, because I'm kind of facing this with 2-3 of my Facebook friends, is, if you unfollow or hide their posts, why not just unfriend them?

If you're never going to see ANYTHING they post, ever, what's the point?

I have a few friends who never comment or click like on anything I post, ever.  And I don't post a ton.  So I'm thinking about unfriending them as I figure they've chosen to "unfollow" me.  I feel that the purpose of Facebook is to participate in each other's lives (as well as belong to pages that interest you) and if they're never going to "participate" in mine, I don't see any point in keeping them as a friend online.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

You can keep her as a friend but unfollow her.  Go to her home page and find the "follow" button and click it.  Unfollow should be an option.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

My question though, because I'm kind of facing this with 2-3 of my Facebook friends, is, if you unfollow or hide their posts, why not just unfriend them?

I have a few friends who never comment or click like on anything I post, ever.  And I don't post a ton.  So I'm thinking about unfriending them as I figure they've chosen to "unfollow" me.  I feel that the purpose of Facebook is to participate in each other's lives (as well as belong to pages that interest you) and if they're never going to "participate" in mine, I don't see any point in keeping them as a friend online.

I have unfollowed people especially during elections and once the political stuff stops, I follow them again. 

Esteemed Contributor

I just unfollowed a friend who's posts were too annoying.By doing this you remain friends without insulting her.She will never know!!

Honored Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

I have unfollowed people especially during elections and once the political stuff stops, I follow them again. 

@glb613- I agree with you on that and am tempted to unfollow a few for the next month or so.  But I have a few friends who never respond to anything I put on there and I just don't see any point in keeping them as friends. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Gidget, the most sense I suppose would be to just unfriend her. The truth is, a few years ago, when I really needed a friend, she was there for me. Actually, she sought me out and made me feel special and she is just a good person. I don't want to take a chance on hurting her feelings.

I just don't have the desire or time to look at the myraid of things that she posts....everything that goes on in her life, basically, she shares on fb. Which i do find odd.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you bytheshore for giving such good instructions on how to do this. Thank you all for your replies and help, it is appreciated.

I have now unfollowed her.

Have a great day, ladies.

Respected Contributor

I just unfollow but keep the friend regardless if they follow or unfollow me. I also have a fb page for my artwork which I advertise on my personal fb page so I would rather keep friends who may be looking at that page as well. 

I have unfriended people and blocked those who I was not following because we disagree on the upcoming event and so I did not appreciate the nasty remarks that they would post on my personal fb page. (I rarely post on other people's fb pages unless we are friends away from social media.)