Honored Contributor

Buy your powerball tickets,big money.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

The only thing I EVER won in my life.........was a package of plywood samples at a home show where my husband was an exhibitor.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Check  out the other games as well.    The odds are better.   The prizes are not as big but I'd be happy with $25, or $100K!

@goldensrbest wrote:

Buy your powerball tickets,big money.

Honored Contributor

I can't recall ever buying a lottery ticket.  Guess I'll never win!!!!

Honored Contributor

Take a chance, i know the odds are not good,but someone always ends up winning eventually.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I don't buy them. DH buys one Fantasy 5 for $1 just about every day. The week before our younger daughter's wedding he won $1,200 with 4 of 5 numbers. He also buys one $1 Lotto on Wed.and Sat.. Once he won $7000 with 5 numbers out of 6. The IRS took $1500 of it in withholding. I understand Canada Lottery winners pay no taxes on winnings. How nice that would be here.

Respected Contributor

Re: don't forget

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the heads-up!  I just checked, and the prize is nearly $450 million.  By the time this game's tickets are sold, it will probably exceed that number.  I picked up a few blank forms for Powerball yesterday on the way out of the store.  I'll buy a ticket or two.  I buy fewer than 20 tickets a year.

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest

Are you "feeling it"? Have you made the list of what you would do or buy if you won? My late baby sister (God bless her soul) would describe lavish & descriptive ways she would spend the cash. She actually put a lot of thought into it. SMH

I can't even IMAGINE what I would spend the money on. I do not participate, however, because I don't think the chances of winning are all that good.

That being said, I wish my fellow board members the best of luck in this drawing!

dee

Honored Contributor

We have the winning ticket hanging on the fridge, so you all are just adding to the pot!Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest - A couple in Hamilton Co., Ind. just won the Mega Millions - $536 million!  Their take home is about half - they wouldn't come forward - say they are going to maintain their same lifestyle and still work!  Oh, what I could do with that money.  I have so many neighbors that are in hard times, I would really help my neighborhood folks.