Valued Contributor

Re: did your kids ever surprise you with a haircut?

Never.  Our sons knew better!

Honored Contributor

My son knew better but that didn't stop him. He was a child

Esteemed Contributor

Not surprised me, but my son used to get those buzz cuts (shorter on sides and let some hair on the top) Its his hair so I didn't say anything but I cant STAND buzz cuts,OR  shaved heads (when people have a nice head of hair, why do that?), OR really short hair on men period. And my son has nice hair when its styled longer so now he styles it at a regular length, not too short, not long, and he looks best that way.

And as an adult my daughter bleached her hair blond one time. It made her look much older. I didn't say anything (again its her hair) but she never did it again, thankfully. lol. She is a brunette with hair down to her waist that is gorgeous.

One thing my kids and I have are, good heads of hair! lol. (So does my husband thankfully, who is my 2nd husband and not the dad of my kids).

Anyway I am not the kind of parent that complained when kids wore the new trend or styled their hair a certain way. We all did these things as kids. The only thing that matter's is if the kids are GOOD kids and mine were good kids, and are good adults so I am thankful for that!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Oh yeah. Right before a family photo!