Honored Contributor

Re: diabetic drugs to soar in price

@Toppers wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@Trinity11, I can't believe she is allowed to spew her rhetoric on these boards. She has no knowledge of medicine and I fear some poor soul may be scammed into believing the garbage she puts forth.

Hi @RetRN,

This really concerns me, as well.

There are people that come here to get information. They take what others say here, very seriously. 

They may not realize that someone posting here, doesn't have a legitimate license to practice any type of health care.

I would not want to see someone get hurt, due to the information that they decided to listen to. Smiley Sad

No I don't have a 'license'.  

Funny, but neither do many of the naysayers on these boards, as well.

But those that do?

Dr. John McDougall
Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
Dr. T. Colin Campbell
Dr. Neal Barnard
Dr. Dean Ornish
Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Dr. Walter Kempner
Dr. Denis Burkitt
Dr. Nathan Pritikin
Dr. Pam Popper
Dr. Doug Lisle
...or many, many other doctors practicing this WOE.
....all are leaders within the low fat, whole foods, plant based lifestyle. The same message has been very consistent among most throughout 50+ years. This lifestyle has stood the test of time.

And yes, people 'get hurt' from eating a low carb, fatty diet.

The statistics of a growing diabetes epidemic proves that.

29,000,000 Americans have diabetes.

An additional 86,000,000 Americans have pre-diabetes.

And somehow, giving the conversation upthread, all

115,000,000 Americans are eating the

a Low Fat Whole Foods Plant Based diet....all 115,000,000....

because that's the cause of diabetes.

Fat is causing Type 2 diabetes....that's Diabetes 101.

If 115,000,000 Americans can't figure that out,

then raise, double, triple the amount of Type 2 diabetic medication. 

Of course mainstream Doctors want you to believe that.

They are making lots of money off of your sickness.

Obviously the mainstream Low Carb High Fat diet is NOT working.

115,000,000 and counting.........

Esteemed Contributor

Question: Why are drugs cheaper in Europe (and through the VA ) than in the States?

Never mind. They don't depend on Pharma big bucks to be re-elected
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom - sorry, you can post your drivel from now till doomsday but it doesn't change the fact that it's BS and deadly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Toppers wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

@Trinity11, I can't believe she is allowed to spew her rhetoric on these boards. She has no knowledge of medicine and I fear some poor soul may be scammed into believing the garbage she puts forth.

Hi @RetRN,

There are people that come here to get information. They take what others say here, very seriously. 

They may not realize that someone posting here, doesn't have a legitimate license to practice any type of health care.

I would not want to see someone get hurt, due to the information that they decided to listen to. Smiley Sad

It's fine with QVC though, BTW. They would seem to have no issue with it. In view of that, I'm no longer going to care that it's posted any more than QVC cares. Beating my head against the wall when QVC has decided to do nothing about it is wasting my time. Although what that says about QVC's concern for its customers' well-being is interesting. Still - c'est la vie. THE Q has spoken.

Don't be concerned - QVC isn't. It's just an exercise in frustration to no point as QVC doesn't care.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Toppers wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

Hi @RetRN,

No I don't have a 'license'.  

Funny, but neither do many of the naysayers on these boards, as well.

But those that do?

Dr. John McDougall
Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn
Dr. T. Colin Campbell
Dr. Neal Barnard
Dr. Dean Ornish
Dr. Joel Fuhrman
Dr. Walter Kempner
Dr. Denis Burkitt
Dr. Nathan Pritikin
Dr. Pam Popper
Dr. Doug Lisle
...or many, many other doctors practicing this WOE.
....all are leaders within the low fat, whole foods, plant based lifestyle. The same message has been very consistent among most throughout 50+ years. This lifestyle has stood the test of time.

And yes, people 'get hurt' from eating a low carb, fatty diet.

The statistics of a growing diabetes epidemic proves that.

29,000,000 Americans have diabetes.

An additional 86,000,000 Americans have pre-diabetes.

And somehow, giving the conversation upthread, all

115,000,000 Americans are eating the

a Low Fat Whole Foods Plant Based diet....all 115,000,000....

because that's the cause of diabetes.

Fat is causing Type 2 diabetes....that's Diabetes 101.

If 115,000,000 Americans can't figure that out,

then raise, double, triple the amount of Type 2 diabetic medication. 

Of course mainstream Doctors want you to believe that.

They are making lots of money off of your sickness.

Obviously the mainstream Low Carb High Fat diet is NOT working.

115,000,000 and counting.........

I'm sorry, but you don't know "who" you're posting with here, and what kind of educational or work-related background the rest of us have. 

How do you know that maybe I-or anyone else here-doesn't already have their own background in nutrition, perhaps? 

You don't know if anyone else here has any type of background in health care or nutrition, or education, or anything else, unless someone wants to post about it here.

We might not want to put our own personal information out there on the internet. 

What you continue to post here is misleading information. 

There are those of us who know it. That's the bottom line. 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

You know I am just going to say it.  It's a sin that they allow these big pharma companies to advertise on TV as the line that used to acceptable has been pushed to satisfy big pharmas limits.

A few years ago it was cholesterol . . . oh my goodness if you didn't get on Lipitor you were going to die of a heart attack or stroke out.  Now the phrase that pays is diabetes . . . sigh.

I took care of my parents for a long time (especially my mom who was a diabetic) and slowly watched how the "acceptable" ranges lowered and the new and fancy drugs that were being introduced increased.

Diabetes runs in my family but so does being overweight and eating a lot of bread.  We have become a very undisciplined society and find it easier to take a pill rather than get our basic health under control.  I know I went through this with my mom.  She didn't want to hear what the nutritiionist said and it was a constant struggle.

I do not understand why drugs that have been on the market for decades are suddenly escalating to such incredible prices as there is no R&D associated with them anymore.  For me this is just pure greed.

@momtochloe

Why is it a sin to let drug companies advertise on TV?   Just which "sin" is this?

If a drug company has been testing a drug for years and submits its records to the FDA and it's approved, why shouldn't they advertise it with the guidelines they must follow?    If you had a family member that was suffering and this new drug might improve the quality of their lives .... wouldn't you want to know that this new drug exists?    

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

The REAL elephant in the room is...

Type 2 diabetes is a modern day illness with a modern day cure.

All this moaning & groaning when the answer is

NOT to have Type 2 Diabetes in the first place.

Low Fat, Whole Foods, Plant Based diet.

People blame Pharma, Insurance, Doctors, Genetics...anyone

but themselves.  Something as simple, quick, easy, cheap & ethical?

Oh, yeah...that's right....'cuz changing your diet is too hard.

All the low carb stuff isn't working.

Double the price of Insulin for Type 2 Diabetics...then maybe 

the General Public will hear the message for dietary changes.

CORRECT dietary changes.   

Actually, "the low carb stuff" works really, really well. 

Anyone who uses any diabetic medication to control their T2 diabetes

is still sick.   If they are using strips or monitors, you're still sick.

Change your diet & T2 is a thing of the past. 

There is more than one kind of sick....

''I wonder how Dr. Mcdougal sleeps at night. He claims his goal for fasting blood sugars is 150 to 300. I wonder how many patients have unreported organ damage, amputations and hospitalization? He also claims tight diabetic control is unfounded and causes premature death based on flimsy, unproven studies. Pity the diabetic who listens to this snake oil medicine.

OMG.  I did not realize that quack doctor thinks a fasting blood sugar of 150 and up is okay😕

Honored Contributor

This is scary. I know how much we use to have to spend for my dad's insulin and all that went with that.

But then I read, news reports on insulin, Soc Sec., alzheimers, obesity. One week it's one thing, the next week it's another. They try and link things together, and I can only go by our actual experience and how things went on with us. So far, it's all just speculation.

I do think if they cut SS and up more med's, and food keeps going up, I'm not going to worry about getting too old. Feel like the handwriting is on the wall.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

The REAL elephant in the room is...

Type 2 diabetes is a modern day illness with a modern day cure.

All this moaning & groaning when the answer is

NOT to have Type 2 Diabetes in the first place.

But, that train has left the station for many. so that's moot to them.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@sidsmom - sorry, you can post your drivel from now till doomsday but it doesn't change the fact that it's BS and deadly.

Absolutely!! I totally agree with you Buck-i-Nana!!

"Pure Michigan"