Respected Contributor

this happens more and more.  i click on a link to a newstory -  and it is more likely to have a video than an article.   who has time for videos?   give me the info in a para which i can eyeball quickly.  what do you think?

Trusted Contributor

I prefer to read something rather than view a video too.  Not always, but sometimes there is a little eye on the picture or it may even say video at the top of the listing of stories so that you know it is only a video before clicking. 

Honored Contributor

I found out if you go below the video, that most stories are in type. If not, I'm gone. Yes, you always seem to have to set through some ad, and that drives me up the wall.

Honored Contributor

Re: clicking on a news link

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional

I agree with you but usually I can find the story in short form if I scroll down, past the video and past the usual advertisement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I found out if you go below the video, that most stories are in type. If not, I'm gone. Yes, you always seem to have to set through some ad, and that drives me up the wall.

GMTA  Woman Very Happy

* Ignore "Spoiler," it won't go away.

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

Every now and then while I'm watching a news video another will begin and I have to hunt the page to pause it and it's usually on either the left or right margin at the bottom of the page. Annoying since I never hit the start button.   

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

this happens more and more.  i click on a link to a newstory -  and it is more likely to have a video than an article.   who has time for videos?   give me the info in a para which i can eyeball quickly.  what do you think?

I think you ought to click on different news websites. If that don't work? If you want local news, buy the local newspaper. If you want National News, DVR a network of your choice Newscast, or subscribe to a National News Paper or Magazine.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I assume it has to do with who they think their audience is. Just a guess, but I'm thinking the millennials might prefer video to words. I prefer words, if there's just a video, I pass.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I prefer to read than watch a video.....

Valued Contributor

I hate videos too.  I think I still count as a millennial, albiet on the oldest side... they're the worst. 

I can read it in 1/3 the time.  Also I'm often in a position where I can't have a video blaring, like waiting in line somewhere, or on the train, etc.  I dislike podcasts for the same reason.  Just let me read it.