Honored Contributor

can you imagine living in a 90,000 sq ft home?

[ Edited ]

If I could afford it which I can't I wouldn't want one. They are called giga mansions and it seems the neighbors aren't happy about it. I like cozy homes. But they are dazzling

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3148744/Forget-McMansion-giga-mansion-Jennifer-Aniston-leads...

Trusted Contributor

Re: can you imagin living in a 90,000 sq ft home?

[ Edited ]

Dazzling? Gaudy more like it. Impressive, I suppose, much like Versailles is impressive, but I don't find it attractive at all...

So, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't ever entertain the thought of living in something that huge. So wasteful and pointless, really. IF I had that kind of money and felt the pull to build a large building, it would be a modest home for myself and a large facility for the homeless.

Honored Contributor

A resounding NO!!!!! I can barely keep up with my under 1800sq foot place. Sounds like more money than sense to me. I am not impressed with out and out greediness anymore. Would like a small, very effecticent, modern, comfortable space these days..........and NO stairs!!!

Esteemed Contributor

No, it's too much. If I suddenly hit the lotto or something, I would want a larger, nicer home, but that's over the top.

I'd be more inclined to have a home with 4 beds, 6 baths and a guest house. That would be plenty.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

I just could not. It's just do darn large. I have to agree with the previous poster about it just being wasteful.

Honored Contributor

It isn't my style for sure, but I still find it a piece of art. I see how you could feel like that, but the tile work it a piece of art imho. I could see why a Saudi prince would be drawn to it

Honored Contributor

At first I chalked it up to rich people's problems but then when I saw that picture of that spaceship from the lawyer's house view I felt for him.

I would be terrified that thing would come crashing down on my house and I agree it looks like he did way too much excavating (not that I am an expert by any means.  That's just a lotta house perched on that cliff).

I like what I have.  I'm just happy to have a home!

Respected Contributor

No I agree with too wasteful and greedy.   To me they wouldn't be art either.

Esteemed Contributor

They're just passing through a lot of space to their cozy little nook, while most of us are already there. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder what happens to a glass house in an earthquake? The ceilings are 103 feet tall? Can't imagine the echo effect? I would not want a home that big because someone could break in and you may never hear they have.Woman Frustrated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**