Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

45 yrs ago, I quit a job on the spot when I wasn't given a position/promotion I was entitled torolleyes.gifOn the way home w/no other job on the horizon, on impulse I walked into a Coach store & purchased my first Coach pocketbook - $254.34. faint.gif

Yes, I still have the pockebook to remind me how carefree & stupid I was "back in da day."

@Mz iMac

I love your story!  Oh to be young with no worries of what we are going to do tomorrow!

It reminds me of a friend who (many years ago) landed a job in Corporate America.  On her first day she went to lunch, realized the job was not a good fit, and never went back! 

Respected Contributor

My dust collectors M.O. dolls and beanie babies Smiley Tongue 

Honored Contributor

I've bid on things on eBay and prayed someone would outbid me, but it usually didn't happen.  I don't do that anymore.  I rarely to go ebay now.

Trusted Contributor

NO buyer's remorse but some buyer's regret on some things I should have bought, but procrastinated and lost out.

Trusted Contributor

I kick myself over two things:

I went back to school for a degree that is useless to me. Every waking  day I wish I had that money back.

The other is for something I did not buy. When I was in England I saw something called a pot lid, that had a skating scene glazed into it. I didn't buy it because my friend said it was overpriced due to it having ding on the underside.

I still think about it and regret not buying it because it was so unique and I've never come across it again.

Overall I think I get non-buyers remorse more than buyers remorse. I guess that's a good thing?

Esteemed Contributor

No buyers remorse but I sold 90% of my gold to US Gold buyers. I made great money but I wish I had kept 2 bracelets. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went a bit crazy on jewelry purchases in my 40's....big heavy gold pieces when gold was going for 100 a gram. I never wore it.....so I sold it all when gold peaked and made a small fortune!.  Now I never buy jewelry......it was just a phase I went through.

@SeaMaiden   You're the smartest of all.  You made a bona-fide investment from which you got a nice return.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

A couple years ago, I just HAD to have a Cricut.  I was fascinated by the infomercials and presentations on the Q. Or was it HSN?   I bought the cricut and several cartridges, extra cutting mats and other extras.   I just knew I was going to use it all the time to make decorations, cards, etch glass and all th other projects they would show.

I used it once to make a birthday card. And so it sits all lonely in my office with all the unused extras I bought for it.  What was I thinking??  

Respected Contributor

While living overseas in the late nineties, I went crazy buying antiques and unique rustic items. We moved back to the states and built a new home. When the shipment of my treasures arrived, I took one look at it and thought, what in the world was I thinking ! Luckily, the local consignment shop agreed to take the whole kit and kaboodle. Still scratching my head on that one 😳

Honored Contributor

Re: buyers remorse?

[ Edited ]

@Timey Wimey wrote:

A couple years ago, I just HAD to have a Cricut.  I was fascinated by the infomercials and presentations on the Q. Or was it HSN?   I bought the cricut and several cartridges, extra cutting mats and other extras.   I just knew I was going to use it all the time to make decorations, cards, etch glass and all th other projects they would show.

I used it once to make a birthday card. And so it sits all lonely in my office with all the unused extras I bought for it.  What was I thinking??  

@Anita Hug   I've seen those presentations and can see where a person could easily fall prey to their extravagant claims of everlasting happiness at being able to hand-crafted your every need.  I resisted but it wasn't easy.  You could probably sell it easily.  I know people who would love to have one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment