Regular Contributor

Doesn't have to be purchases at the q, but anyone get buyers remorse or guilt on purchasing something. Mine is mainly on ebay items. I collect history and sports memoribillia. There are times to where I will put a bid on something, relatively low. Chances are it won't stick. Deep down, I know this sounds bad but I hope that people forget about the item and I can get it at a steal...LOL... However, I sell as well and hope it goes as high as possible..There are the rare times to where you bid on something, sometimes higher than normal and can get a great deal. Few years ago, I paid $400, and got a bunch of vintage cards including a 52 mantle and a #1 1963 spiderman comic. This was from a mother who wanted to get rid of her kid's stuff. I felt a little guilty but she sold them. Then there is times to where I splurge and either feel cheated or guilty. LOL...then there are times to where you are up late or get distracted and put a bid on something you could do without or really but dont want but 3 days later get an email saying you won...

Honored Contributor

Re: buyers remorse?

[ Edited ]

45 yrs ago, I quit a job on the spot when I wasn't given a position/promotion I was entitled torolleyes.gifOn the way home w/no other job on the horizon, on impulse I walked into a Coach store & purchased my first Coach pocketbook - $254.34. faint.gif

Yes, I still have the pockebook to remind me how carefree & stupid I was "back in da day."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

So, @fuzzball76, how much did the vintage cards and comic turn out to be worth?

I got carried away about 8 or 10 years ago and bought a bunch of high quality watches, many with good diamonds.  Now I'm stuck with having to keep having batteries changed.  I wish I had my investment in these watches back.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Buyer's regret only. When I missed out on a great leather couch that I had to think about, someone else snapped it right up. I still think about that couch!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I LOVE clothes but don't need another thing.  If I live to be 100 I won't wear everything I have but still ~ I see that one item that I just have to have....  Anyway, I learned to not do any buying late at night.  I typically stay up late and like to browse certain retailers on the internet.  Every single time I made a late-night purchase I woke up the next morning and asked myself if I really bought that thing!  I've been better about it but I'm still human so to answer your question, yes ~ I often have buyers remorse ~ just not as often as I used to, lol!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

oh gawd! the designer dolls!! Worst of all!

paid a fortune, never did anything with them and then donated them all.  What a waste of $$$$

Regular Contributor

Well, the 52 mantles are going for $1000-10000 on ebay. I got it graded, it came in at a 4. So it is probably worth at least 5,000. The comic, which is not graded is probably worth a $1000. The other cards probably can fetch a few hundred. I have them put away in a very safe and secure place, it is called retirement someday.

Honored Contributor

I got hooked on Trollbeads and Pandora bracelets about eight years or so ago.  I ended up spending way too much money and buying too many bracelets.  I have since sold some of the more expensive beads on Ebay, but I wish I had only bought one bracelet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

An Electrolux vacuum from you know where.  I was about to toss it it was so bad but my neighbor said, "I'll take it."  Bless the vacuum's heart, hope it worked better for her than it did for me, I mean it kept falling apart.  No more electronics from  you know where for me. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I went a bit crazy on jewelry purchases in my 40's....big heavy gold pieces when gold was going for 100 a gram. I never wore it.....so I sold it all when gold peaked and made a small fortune!.  Now I never buy jewelry......it was just a phase I went through.