Esteemed Contributor

? about ECHO posted in electronics got no help, trying here

Hi, I know about computers but I am lost with this. So, I hope someone knows the answer.

I have an Amazon Echo which as you know if you have one, you set it up with your cellphone and it syncs your music etc. from your phone and works with the Echo apps you enable on your cellphone.

I am thinking of getting the new Tracfone (smart phone)

So will my Echo still work if i get a new cellphone (whether I change my cell number or not). or will I have to go into Amazon and RE-set my Echo up to sync with my new cellphone?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: ? about ECHO posted in electronics got no help, trying here

@Shorty2U  I read your question but am clueless as to the answer.  My Echo is paired with my tablets and I have no clue if it will sync with cell phones.  All my music apps are on my tablets, not my cell phone.  I hope you can find somebody to help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U  I have the Alexa app on my laptop, and my tablet, as well as my phone.  I am not 100% sure on this answer, but I would think if you can get the app on the phone it should work.

You might try asking this question in electronics.  There are a few on there that are pretty good with questions like this. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shorty2U  I am sorry , I didn't read your heading.  I didn't realize you already posted in electronics   Sometimes there are questions and answers on Amazon that might help.

Esteemed Contributor

Contact "help" on Amazon.  The tech will give you a definitive answer.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, I thought if I just add the app on the new phone it would be fine for Echo. I ended up calling Amazon and they answered late tonight and said yes. When I get the new phone just download the app. (And in case anyone wants to know, Amazon answered fast and had USA based people). I never knew that because I never called Amazon before this.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Hey @Shorty2U  How long did it take you to find a phone number for Amazon?  If they're so great why does it take a diligent Search?

I just happen to think I recently paired wireless headphones with my Echo, so a cell shouldn't be a problem.

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U  Just for the fun of it, I just paired my cell with Echo.  I didn't even download the Alexa app, although it appeared as I finished.  I went to settings, Bluetooth, told Alexa to pair a new device, pressed scan which appeared at the top of the screen, the Echo name appeared, I pressed it and got confirmation from Alexa.  Then I discovered the Alexa app on my phone.  That It!  Took about 15 seconds.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hey @Shorty2U  How long did it take you to find a phone number for Amazon?  If they're so great why does it take a diligent Search?

I just happen to think I recently paired wireless headphones with my Echo, so a cell shouldn't be a problem.

Next time you want Amazon's Help Phone Number is just google "Amazon's Help Phone Number" and it pops up.  Very easy.