Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes 

Got out while they could?  Qurate was the entity that destroyed Zulily.  If they hadn't been profitable, they would never have bought it.  The year before Qurate made the acquisition, Zulily's sales increased about 17%, and they'd increased every year.  It's  as though Qurate made the purchase to destroy the competition.  Well, they've apparently done it.

Well if the QVC margins were imposed on Zulily, it's no wonder they were unable to thrive.  Imagine the prices Zulily would have to pay to cover the cost of initial shipping, returns and chargebacks like QVC pads into product pricing...

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  Why would Qurate destroy one of its acquisitions.   Doesn't make sense especially if it was so popular.   I tried it many many years ago.  They were offering some interesting linen pieces from Italy.   It took over a month to receive them but they were good quality.  

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat.  I think their management decisions were misguided.  The first thing they did was replace the very successful CEO.   They did something with vendors because I soon noticed that many from whom I'd bought so many nice shoes and home decor items were gone, to be replaced by QVC vendors.

I'm just wondering if the site will be resurrected.   It was great for awhile. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment