Honored Contributor

Your opinion: Facebook selling?

Does anybody out there understand how this process is supposed to work? I am clueless.

For instance, a particular brand of jewelry that I admire used to have an ETSY "shoppe." 

When I wanted to look at items, I checked ETSY.

Next, the "shoppe" "changed location."

The girl emails new listings on Thursday nights, but not every Thursday night.

All items are GONE within 15 minutes!

I feel like I have to chase around the internet all the time just to see the items! And I find it very confusing!

Maybe the younger generation posters are becoming used to this way of buying/selling?

Maybe there is merit or some advantage to buying/selling this way?

If anyone can give me guidance, would you please enlighten me?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Your opinion: Facebook selling?

Some of the more successful etsy stores have left. I'd guess to save fees now that they have a customer base, but I've never had an etsy store nor read what their fee structure is. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ive bought several clothing items from a Facebook store. Usually, on your first purchase you give them your email address and post "sold" under the picture of the desired item. They then send you and ivoice which you pay via PayPal or whatever.  Be Careful though, because a lot of these stores don't take returns. 

I meant to add, my particular shop goes live on Wednesdays. So I am ready to see the items on Wed as they post them. Sometimes they sell out, sometimes they don't. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

My opinion?  If I have to work hard to buy things I don't truly have to buy?

I no longer want things all that much that I would follow anyone to Facebook. 

Respected Contributor

When I want to shop on Etsy, I go to that website directly. I've never gone there through Facebook or to any vendor through Facebook, for that matter. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse@millieshops@PurpleBunny

I relate...

the dea of chasing all over the place doesn't appeal to me.

Have not seen clothing set-up this way... wouldn't u have to watch it all day to see if there was something you wanted?

see?

I guess I just am an "old fogie" and don't understand this whole process.

DD wants me to do a live make-up thing and all I can think is that this is the last thing I'd do!

And if I feel this way, wouldn't most of the women I know feel this way too?

Close friends would think I had LOST MY MIND!!!! 😁😁😁

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 No, you don't wait all day. Usually the items start popping up at the same time on the chosen day every week and go for about an hour. There is about six special items every week. There is also a website, or you can look back at past items in the Facebook photos section. The items are usually the popular items from the website and brick and mortar store and that's why there is a limited number each week. I've bought a sweater, a long-sleeved tee, and a blanket scarf. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@LTT1

Well, I guess I'm an old fogie too then because it's all becoming way TMI, to me! But then again, I've always been a private person.

Honored Contributor

Sounds exactly like what Lisa Robertson is doing now.  Her fans/customers don't like it, and many have stopped bothering with all the hassle. If there is an advantage for anyone, it's for her - the customers seem like an afterthought. 

The person you're speaking of, I don't know. Maybe it has something to do with sales tax advantage NOT being on Etsy and being on FB instead.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde@Texasmouse@PurpleBunny@millieshops@jaxs mom

Yes ITA. I retired to not have to have any "have-to's!❤

Thanks for sharing your opinions, which echo mine.

The idea of the clothing items sounds interesting and different.

DD went in for something similar (like a garage sale for children's clothing) a couple of years ago. 

Our younger people have some new ideas of how to "trade" to obtain "stuff" they need/want!