Honored Contributor

Re: You need to be aware.....

@makena wrote:

I've never had to do that.  Is this a new rule?  If so, they should put it on the slip.

@makena  I've found it to always be the case, it takes a call.  Also if you pay for the return, watch that you're not charged for return shipping. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Procedures for QVC's return policy are addressed on line under Customer Service.  Unfortunately, it does not outline in detail procedures to be followed when returning a defective product nor does it state that customer needs to contact a CSR when returning a defective item.

However, it wouldn't be a bad practice to follow, as hopefully the CRS would make a notation regarding the defective return in the event such documentation is needed later. 

@kb122402 it would be great if you could repost under the Customer Care forum.  May-be one of the Mods would see it and respond.

Honored Contributor

@kb122402. Yes. Just received the new Diamonique hoops (rounds & baguettes). The snap bar barely fit through my earlobe so I couldn't snap it closed. Defective, design flaw? Either way, not my fault...called CS and they told me to use prepaid label and my acct. is marked no charge for return shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing new... QVC as usual making getting your proper return money back MORE DIFFICULT  for the consumer... having to call AFTER MARKING YOU RECEIPT AS DEFECTIVE..  It is a tactic used by them for years,  Think of all the money they make when people do not check their credits on their credit card... $$$$$ money in the bank for  QVC.  Bigger bonus at Christmas for the CEO. 

Honored Contributor

I've done this for over a year. I had to return something from Christmas 2015 as it was defective on Christmas Day; found out I was refunded all the money and called CS. It was then I was told IF defective, you must call first and they will note it on your account. 

So, this would have been January 2016; more than a year ago. 

I've done this the few times it was necessary and no issues. A few times, a CS rep would call to take information on the product for the vendor but beyond that, hassle free and all money including S & H was refunded.

BTW, I do this with ALL vendors/sites now. I have found it makes things go very smoothly when the company is given a heads up.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for that suggestion.  I have posted it there and hopefully will receive some clarification. 

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@kb122402 wrote:

People need to beware!  I called customer service this morning on some issues with a current return and refund.

While on hold I saw an item that I had previously returned because it was defective.  When I returned it I marked on the return slip it was defective and told why it was defective, but I noticed I was charged for return shipping and did not receive a full refund on the order itself. 

I asked customer service about it and was told that if customers have a defective item you have to call customer service to report it.  I was told it doesn't matter what is marked or noted on the return slip.  If you do not call you do not receive a full refund for your initial purchase and return shipping.  I was told the people handling the returns just unbox them and do not pay attention to anything written on the return paper.

Imagine my surprise!  What is the point of having us mark on the back of the return the reason for the return?  Why is it not clearly marked that if item is defective you have to call customer service before item is returned in order to get the proper refund?

I was neglectful in not following up on the item to see if it was processed correctly.  I do not return many items but in going back I did find items that were returned because of a defect and on most I did not receive the proper refund.  Very discouraged and disappointed in how this is being handled.  In addition to customers not receiving the proper refunds how many items are being reshipped even if they are defective because the warehouse doesn't read the return slips?

So just be aware of you are returning anything to call customer service and then followup on the actual refund you receive.

BTW the initial reason for calling customer service this morning was because I had called customer service about an issue with some Clark shoes and was assured QVC made the error, and I was to return the shoes and a full refund would be given.  Instead of being given a refund of almost $72 I was only given $36.  So even if you call customer service you still have to be diligent and follow through.

Hi @kb122402

I noticed that you also posted this in our Customer Care forum.  Please see me response to you there.

Thanks!

Barb

Customer Care

Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry I had never done this before and wasn't sure where to put it in order to find proper information. Thank you

Esteemed Contributor

I have been shopping at the Q for many years...15 plus years. During this time,  I have been told by several CS reps that no one reads the return slips on a return!!!  So, I always call when a return is defective....

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I have been shopping at the Q for many years...15 plus years. During this time,  I have been told by several CS reps that no one reads the return slips on a return!!!  So, I always call when a return is defective....

Well, that can't be true or there wouldn't be those of us who've never called, when returning a defective item, but still gotten the full refund including both S&H amounts.

Perhaps some people are better at filling out the return slip with the necessary information.  Just a thought.