Honored Contributor

Re: You Think Its Hot Where You Are?

@SharkE wrote:

Think of those poor women in those foreign countries who have to go around in those burquas , whatever, you call them that they have to wear only their eyes can be seen. Hot bat man capes. Men , of course, can wear what they want to. Only in their own home can they fling off those shrouds.

For zillions of years, it's always been hot.

There's always been modesty covering for women AND men.

Long, flowing robes w/ various types of head covering.

Nothing new for the locals.

Being covered in that type of climate is preferred...it's cooler.

Esteemed Contributor

Also remember the firefighters. Fires here in California and some places over 100.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Think of those poor women in those foreign countries who have to go around in those burquas , whatever, you call them that they have to wear only their eyes can be seen. Hot bat man capes. Men , of course, can wear what they want to. Only in their own home can they fling off those shrouds.

I've always heard that the long flowing robes the Arabs wear insulate them.  I don't believe it for one minute.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@IMW wrote:

My son, while in the navy said it was 120 degrees in Bahrain, the destroyer he was on had no water for 5 days. They had to defecate over the side of the rail. 

I was sending cartons of baby wipes and underwear. When docked in Rome, rather than see the sights he did laundry.

I am reminded of this because yesterday he went to Manhattan to the Whitney Museum,(we both live in Bklyn, and he's by the beach). I told him it's too hot to go out, it was 95. He said, "I lived through much worse."

Its all relative.

with thanks and many blessing to your son and you!🌹

Trusted Contributor

I have been in the Middle East when's 'twas over 120. That was pretty hot, but I did not have to wear a uniform, burqa, or backpack. Still, we did walk where we wanted to go and went out in the evening. 

Right now, it is 51 where I am in AK.

Esteemed Contributor

It certainly does put things in perspective.  It is disgusting here in NYC today, but we still have all the comforts of home.

Wishing all the soldiers a safe return home.

Respected Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

I have been in the Middle East when's 'twas over 120. That was pretty hot, but I did not have to wear a uniform, burqa, or backpack. Still, we did walk where we wanted to go and went out in the evening. 

Hi!  🙋

Honored Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

@debcakes

Any chance you could send me an email attachment of chilly air?     

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I've always heard that the long flowing robes the Arabs wear insulate them.  I don't believe it for one minute.

_________

I don't believe it either.  How horrible to never be able to show your face just because you are a woman.  They have no rights.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms X wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

_________

I don't believe it either.  How horrible to never be able to show your face just because you are a woman.  They have no rights.

We hear the rare stories of stoning & killing women because they showed their face.  There are possessive, ugly, mean men in all religions, races and cultures.

Most of the women wearing the a burqa or niqab prefer to wear that style of dress to honor their religion.  Same for the less restrictive dress of chador, hijab or dupatta.  And these women wearing this dress do not wear it at home in front of their family/husband.   There's modesty dress in all religions...and with all genders.  Have we ever seen the Pope in a tank top & swim trunks?