Esteemed Contributor

I just finished watching a news piece on this 501(c)3 organization that places wreaths on all the graves of servicemen and women at Arlington National Cemetary, as well as other national cemeteries around the country. They said they were about 30,000 short yet this year for the Arlington location, I think the total graves they decorate there is 200,000 plus. It costs $15 for one wreath, and goes up in multiples from there. I was moved to participate in this worthy cause. They gave everything for our freedom.

WreathsAcrossAmerica dot org

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I think I viewed the same news segment.  We will participate. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

This is a wonderful organization.  And if anyone is local, you can volunteer to help with wreath laying Dec 12 and/or wreath clean-up January 23.

Thank you for posting, @MaggieMack!!!

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack

what a nice gesture maggie.  i'll tell my husband about it.  (he writes the checks)  lol

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @MaggieMack, for sharing this.  I, in turn, shared it with my DH, and it will be the Gs' honor to participate.  It's one small way of saying, "Thank you."  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

Thank you for sharing this Maggie!  I would love to participate.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

This is a wonderful organization.  And if anyone is local, you can volunteer to help with wreath laying Dec 12 and/or wreath clean-up January 23.

Thank you for posting, @MaggieMack!!!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hello, MJ12 ! Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you are doing well !

We are fairly local and have done this for the last 3 years. It is such a blessing for the families and their friends. It means so much for just a little amount of time and money.

If you are close to a national cemetary or not please consider participating.

Honored Contributor

That is beautiful.

I would love to participate.

Esteemed Contributor

A beautiful thing to do!  We have so much to be thankful for because of the selflessness of some.  I'm thankful for the freedom they have secured for me.

And may I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving...hope you have much to be thankful for, Maggie.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

4 years ago my DH's cousin died over the holidays and was buried locally - not a military cemetary.It was the holidays and the family really wanted him to have a wreath but could not find a nice one.DH read about Wreaths across America and sent an e mail - telling them the deceased was a WW11 vet and had both a bronze and a silver star. They not only gave him a wreath but had a presentation ceremony and an article about him in the local paper. Wonderful organization!