Respected Contributor

The only gifts I wrap are the larger ones in boxes. Everything else goes in a gift bag. For years we have been reusing our gift bags. We put a string tag on them so they can be reused. When they get too worn we toss them. I usually buy several new ones every year as well. 

It's pretty funny now to see who ended up with what bag years later.  (Of course this is immediate family😊) We also use the nice Christmas boxes that you often see in TJ Maxx, Home Goods, or Steinmart.  I immediately take everything out after opening and store them in a big plastic container until next year.  

Honored Contributor
Tissue paper - including tissue paper in holiday designs - still comes flat and you can find it just about anywhere. Wal Mart has it the cheapest (they even had Halloween flat tissue paper) but any Hallmark or other card store should have it also. I like to use tissue paper esp. to wrap gifts I am sending because it weighs less than wrapping paper. The holiday decorated tissue covers the gift so you can't see it.
Valued Contributor

DUH!!!  Thanks for the idea!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wrapping Paper

[ Edited ]

@hovis wrote:

@hovis  Which idea?  There is a threadful!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@hovis wrote:

I think it was in response to the snotty one.  The one who "duh-ed" first.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@hovis wrote:

I think it was in response to the snotty one.  The one who "duh-ed" first.

@faeriemoon  Oh, thanks.  Since her post was right underneath what I posted, I wasn't sure (and am still not positive) whether it was for my post and, if so, what the DUH meant.  I thought maybe she hadn't thought of holiday tissue in the flat packages and liked the idea because it was lighter for mailing.  Or, whether it was what you are referencing (since that was only mildly snotty considering the source LOL) , or something else altogether.

Honored Contributor

Certain organizations sent flat paper as a 'gift' for your donation. Of course I forget which ones do.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

The response wasn't meant for you. I'm sorry ladies that I even brought up the subject of wrapping paper. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, good golly. No reason to get upset, when the good people here, went out of their way to offer you helpful advice.

As for what I do, I either cut from the large roll, put in a box, or use a gift bag.

Valued Contributor

I appreciate all of the advice that was given. I did not like that lady that used the word DUH like I didn't have a brain cell working . Again thank you ladies.