Valued Contributor

If you have a big gift the wrapping paper on the roll is fine. But what about the smaller gifts ? What happened to the flat paper? Does anyone know where I might find some? I live in the Chicago area. Thanks.

Honored Contributor
I just cut what I need from the big roll. I haven't seen flat paper in ages.
Honored Contributor

The Dollar Store

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Target has traditionally sold some mini rolls of paper that are great for small gifts.  

Haven't checked to see if they have them this year.

Honored Contributor

Target has holiday paper on rolls, no folds.

I don't wrap anymore, it's too time consuming.  I've bought three sets of very nice holiday bags from QVC.  They come with pretty ribbon built in for each bag.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

There is always.....

H206561

Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at Sun, Nov 29, 2015-3.09.26 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I purchased a selection of flat sheets of holiday wrap at Costco, but it was a larger quantity package.

Honored Contributor

Just thought of another source.  Costco sells large rolls of pretty paper.  Also decorated boxes to use for gifts, and holiday bags.  Tissue paper for gifting, too.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

@hovis wrote:

If you have a big gift the wrapping paper on the roll is fine. But what about the smaller gifts ? What happened to the flat paper? Does anyone know where I might find some? I live in the Chicago area. Thanks.

Hovis:  I have no problem buying gifts for anyone BUT I absolutely loathe wrapping them, mainly because they never seem to look as nice as I am expecting.  So, many years ago I was thrilled to discover those small Christmas paper bags (not the little ones for gifts with a card and cord handles, but just normal small paper bags made of Christmas paper.)  They have been a lifesaver for me.  I buy them in Walgreens and they cost about 25 cents each.  Just put the gift in the bag with some colored tissue paper, and it is all done in two seconds.  I am on the West Coast so I don't know if they are available in the Chicago area, but it might be worth looking.  Merry Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@hovis

Hallmark online has these wrap pads.

Casual Style Flat Wrap Pad

The Container Store also sells gift wrap sheets.

Merry Christmas on Kraft Gift Wrap Sheets

Forest Ornament Gift Wrap Sheets

Chalkboard Trees Gift Wrap Sheets